Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well - I finnaly found my intermittent fuel gremlin - The car didnt Start today so I took the Multimeter to it - With the Fuel Harness Unplugged - the Brown wire (FuelPump +) had 9 volts while the rest of the car had 12 - Plugged in it didnt read. I goofed with What I assume is the Fuel Cut-off switch but I think it may have been tampered with (Isnt there supposed to be a pull cord on it?) with no luck. I was stuck at work and after trying to jumper around the connector (No luck) i just ran my jumper wire to my non-switched Amplifier power - Drove home with a wire leading out of the trunk and connected to the fuel pump side of the brown wire.... Anyhow - This is not a permanent solution - 1: Cause I look like a dork with wire coming out of my trunk. and 2: Cause its not switched power - so I have to disconnect it.
Two things that worry me are, Is the pump supposed to have 12 Volts applied to it? and also - I've noticed my pump seems to be louder - Im almost certain its louder now (This is a new 190LPH pump I put in a month ago, when I assumed I had solved this problem)

And The main question! Wheres my problem - anyone know what route the Fuelpump power takes - is this a relay - or perhaps my Cutoff switch? I cant imagine why anyone would need to know this - so I'm guessing im on my own... Any help- I would appreciate.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Back left of the trunk is the inertia switch. Might be behind the panel. mine went out at 55kmiles. i took the button off and used a paper clip to connect.
-Mike

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well - the problem is up stream of the switch in the trunk (With the round red button) I get 9 Volts with no load and when I connect the Fuel pump it drops to zero - Any ideas!!?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Maybe the ignition switch is not sending the right signal. My car would not start at all sometimes after about 20 mins of cranking or stall while driving. I replaced the STATOR AND IGNITION MODULE and the problems went away.
I had already replaced the
-fuel pump
-fuel press reg
-CCRM
-ignition coil

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone know whats ahead of the switch in the trunk? The next place to look or perhaps which fuse it is - or is there A Fusible link - Does it run of a relay? Anyoneknow much of anything about the fuelpump circuit?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts