Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys! i'm new here so bear with me.. have a 98 v6 convertible. got a cheap 5.3 to put in it. planning on doing the whole k-member and coil overs in front. need to know if it is possible to run the stock trans with this motor? that is my first quest at this point! any help will be great. thanks and love reading all the good ideas.

·
Registered
271 Posts
auto or manual trans???

I'm doing a swap on my foxbody.. quicktime makes a bellhousing for the manual trans.. A bit pricey but I was able to find a deal on a used on.. bolted up perfectly to my T5

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Has anyone used the QuickTime bell housing? I've tried searching and can't find much info on it. I'd love and LS and to keep my T5.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
remember that using the QuickTime bell with a T5 probably won't last long unless your easy on it. I had the bell and sold it as my power level and build changed directions. That's why some guys go to the T56, TKO etc

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Yeah I plan on using the car as a fun street car/semi daily. I don't plan on spraying it turboing it. Maybe cam/intake exhaust that's about it. I'll look into it.

·
US Air Force Active Duty
1,393 Posts
I have a 5.3 based ERL 454ci engine with a custom QuickTime bellhousing for a Ford spec T56 Magnum.

·
US Air Force Active Duty
1,393 Posts
Whats the part number on the custom bell?
When I ordered mine (2014) there wasn't a part number because they had never built one. Last month at PRI I talked to Ross McCombs and he said QuickTime is, or will be in the future, mass producing them. I checked their web site and the application isn't listed...(We couldn't find what you're looking for. Ask our experts: 1-866-464-6553)

If that doesn't work let me know and I'll give you another number.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Im running a quicktime RM-6037 Bellhousing, with a 94-98 clutch fork. You will need a clutch for the ls flywheel, but splined for the 10 spline of the t-5. On pilot bearing u can use one for a 84ish E350 with a 7.4. You will need to have the O.D. turned down to fit in the ls crank. Approx (1.706) if you have any further questions id be glad to assist you. I have mine and another up and going with no problems. Mine however is a tremec 3550 with a fine spline input.

·
Registered
35,509 Posts
I'm running a T5z behind an LS3 -- like Onequiklx above - QT6037 bell, pres plate/disc for an LS, 94-98 clutch fork (you may have to hammer the unibody to allow that fork to fit), fox body throwout bearing. You can buy the proper pilot bearing from a variety of vendors - I got mine from Speedway Motors - pretty sure it was this one -- Mr Gasket 15975 Chevy to Ford Pilot Bearing Adapter

1 - 14 of 14 Posts