·
Registered
10,681 Posts
hmmm. very different.

why am i ok with the lsx in a stang, but can't handle a Windsor in a Chevy lol

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I kind of get it, but then again, I really don't? More of a "#### you" thing to the lsx homers than a practical solution which is funny. There is a reason you don't see more of this type of swap going on....

·
Registered
143 Posts
I love it and would like to see more,I know now that the 460 thats in my 77 f150 rusty beater is going in a 67 to 72 chevy shortbed when I am done painting my 66 F250.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well his 408 went in the 8s in his stang. Then he crashed it few years back. Motor sitting around etc.. I get more details when i meet up with him down in Georgia end of Feb.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
There is a reason you don't see more of this type of swap going on....
It's kind of like back in Columbus's day. He had a hard time convincing people the world was round, even though it always had been.

Likewise, it's going to be hard to convince people swaps like this are more practical than an LS based motor for an all-out race application. A few people have figured it out, but most will always been in the one-sided darkness.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Well his 408 went in the 8s in his stang. Then he crashed it few years back. Motor sitting around etc.. I get more details when i meet up with him down in Georgia end of Feb.

The reasons he did it are more than numerous.

Infinite more choice of heads/intakes...

Eqivalent parts are hundreds of $'s cheaper for the same thing...

Parts are easier to find used, especially the more race oriented stuff he is going to need...

I can list many more.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts

Parts are easier to find used, especially the more race oriented stuff he is going to need...

I can list many more.
So are you saying there is no aftermarket support for LS motors?

·
Registered
983 Posts
So are you saying there is no aftermarket support for LS motors?
I think hes saying theres more varaiety of parts, not theres no aftermarket support.

But I think this is really cool, hope that he does it correct and I get to see it in person one day :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
thats pretty cool... Definitely different, but cool!

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

I can list many more.
No really im pretty sure that aint the reasons. Like I said i will ask him when we meet down in Georgia. :joy:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts