Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys just wondering If any of you guys have used the Motorsport C springs. Im slowly building up my 92lx project which will eventually have full MM Suspension, but while i save for coil overs and the rest of the project I came up on a brand new set for cheap. Thanks for all your feedback ahead of time.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
It doesn't get any cheaper than hacking your OE coils if you're just lookin' for a drop. Probably ride the same if you cut'em or slap C's on them with some less than par dampers.

·
Registered
179 Posts
2k2Gt is definitely correct, since you're planning on using Maximum Motorsports coilovers anyway, you may want to invest in whatever struts and shocks you had planned on using with the coilovers now, so the car doesn't ride like dookie.

·
Registered
272 Posts
For a budget DD set-up, I found the C-springs, Tok-Blues and '98 Cobra bars
to be a nice upgrade from stock. However, the front ride height will be
noticeably lower then the rear with these springs, and may require camber
plates/bump-steer correction.

The ride height disparity can be corrected by running poly-isolators in the
front with none in the rear, or adjustable lower control arms. By the time you
are done farting around with all this crap your damn close to a MM starter
kit! It's your time and $$$.

-Robert

·
Registered
5,518 Posts
My experience with the Cs was three-fold: (i) they need a good damper to control the 650# linear front rate (see MM's sight for suggested spring rate/damper matching); (ii) the front needed CC plates for proper alignment; and (iii) rear was too high.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
When I had C's, WAY back in the day, I got some 4-banger rear springs and cut them to get the ass down. Damn things could be popped out by jacking the car up.

I suggest waiting until you do it right the first time, no matter how cheap the Cs are.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Shocks are definitely the first priority over springs. My 99 use to bottom out on bumps with the stock springs and shocks. If it's possible to make a shock decision and buy those first I would do that.

I'm still running C springs and I like them. I did cut one coil off the rear as many suggested.

·
Registered
136 Posts
What's "eventually"? 6 months? Year? Two years? More?

Personally I regret buying stock location springs instead of just going straight to coilovers (or running the Bilsteins with stock springs and saving up for coilovers).

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for your suggetions guys! Eventually was going to be like six months to a year, but know Im thinking about selling and getting something newer

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Save ur money, when it comes to suspension u will prolly do it over and over again spending more and more money everytime,

do a TON of research first, work on chassis stiffness b4 suspension
honestly if u really want handling dont even waste ur time with conventional springs...coilovers on all 4

Call up MM and talk to a few diff reps and get some ideas...

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
What's "eventually"? 6 months? Year? Two years? More?

Personally I regret buying stock location springs instead of just going straight to coilovers (or running the Bilsteins with stock springs and saving up for coilovers).

touche, i wish i never bought my tokico illumina struts/shocks now i need to go buy bilsteins....ughhhh

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Just the opposite here. Still glad I bought Tokico Illuminas, C springs, and spent the rest of my money on seat time. Must be the homemade watts link that keeps me happy. :)

·
US Army Active Duty
2,433 Posts
Just the opposite here. Still glad I bought Tokico Illuminas, C springs, and spent the rest of my money on seat time. Must be the homemade watts link that keeps me happy. :)
Not bad reasoning here.. though I'd just go with Bil's to start with, you can run coilovers on them in the future and they're rebuildable/revalveable if you want to upgrade later.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts