Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got this truck on the road 11 years ago with a 235 six and did some upgrading to the driveline and suspension but still not satisfied as the 235 has a couple issues and I want it to be a little quicker,I want to keep a vintage motor in it like a early Olds V8 or a Buick nailhead but its going to get expensive if I cant find a decent running motor so since the rest of my vehicles are Fords its time to put some Ford power to the old chevy. I have a 272 Y block I could use and I can get a 351-C and C-6 for free or try to find a good running 302 or 351-W along with a AOD trans,I hate to give up on the 235 but its time for more power and I cant stand chevy V8s so a Ford motor will be installed after I get a couple other projects done.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Best damn idea I've heard. Ford power, in a cheby.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Even though I changed the original driveline to a T-5 and 8 inch rear end its still too slow,I wanted to keep the six so it looked somewhat original even though I did alot of modifications but its not going to cut it. Its the only non Ford in the fleet and if I put in a Ford motor I wont have to stock parts for the bastard in the bunch and even though I have the Y block and can get the cleveland I am thinking a 302 or 351-w and AOD would be the better choice due to the narrow engine compartment and can get parts anywhere. I am going to look at a 1950 Olds 303 when the weather warms up some and do some measuring and if its too wide I can get a 89 or 90 crown vic from a friend with a rusty frame with a sweet running 302 and AOD cheap,I actually have a wrecked 89 crown vic that could be a donor but I got all the parts to fix it and its togather.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn it,I was able to fix one of the major issues with the motor which was the rattle that ended up being weak valve springs and can live with the vibration so no motor swap for now. I need to get the Y block built for my 55 sunliner first then deal with the 37 since the motor is not going to self destruct like I thought it was and can get a few more years out of it,I also drug home a 88 bronco that is going to get converted to 2wd that will be my new daily driver that I want to get done soon so the 37 will stay as is for now but give me a few years and it just might have Ford power.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts