Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well had the car in for MORE warranty work. this time they pulled the tranny and replaced one of the bands and/or rebuilt most of it. flushed torque convertor. was having a loud ticking noise when accelerating from a stop. just wanted to share this with everyone....seems much better now

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Yours too eh? Mine has been in the shop a month and 2 weeks to this day. TransGO kit or SOMETHING totally fried the inside of the tranny and cracked the gasket. I brought it in for the car not going into 1st and popping out of gears and now it won't go in reverse? I have no clue. I'm very frustrated at this point and almost want to sell the damn tranny and get a 5spd. My car was also making a ticking on acceleration and everyone told me it was exhaust, blah blah blah, tranny went out a day later.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i also had to have the engine replaced at like 2000 miles. i also wish id gotten a 5 spd. but there is no way im getting out of this loan. im gonna try to use the lemon law and get a replacement. my cars been in so much for major probs its getting old now.

·
Registered
205 Posts
rancid said:
Yours too eh? Mine has been in the shop a month and 2 weeks to this day. TransGO kit or SOMETHING totally fried the inside of the tranny and cracked the gasket. I brought it in for the car not going into 1st and popping out of gears and now it won't go in reverse? I have no clue. I'm very frustrated at this point and almost want to sell the damn tranny and get a 5spd. My car was also making a ticking on acceleration and everyone told me it was exhaust, blah blah blah, tranny went out a day later.
I am curious if and how you are able to get the dealership to work on your car as warranty work. Do you have a buddy on the inside? If you have any tips, please let me know. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts