Item Description Availability Qty. Price Each Item Total
Brembo Sport Brake Pads Front fitment
for 2003 Ford Mustang Cobra In Stock 1 $20.00 $20.00
Shipping Sub-Total: $9.28
Sales Tax: $0.00
Excise Tax: $0.00
State Waste Tire Fund Fee: $0.00
Order Total: $29.28
http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/results.jsp?autoMake=Ford&autoModel=Mustang+Cobra&autoYear=2003&autoModClar=&brand=Brembo

I've had a chance to daily drive on these as well as a short autocross. They certainly don't make any noises, but their initial bite is quite the opposite of the HP+'s I was using. However, it seemed now that i've gone solely to street tires and not R-compounds, the minimal slower initial grab is a good thing. The increasing grip is very linear and you can modulate it quite nicely.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Yeah, I ordered two sets of these for my PBRs when they were $15 each. Hard to beat two new sets of pads for $47 shipped to my door. Haven't driven on them yet, but I appreciate you sharing your thoughts on them. Not many people have used them, apparently.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Yeah, I saw that post, thanks! I relayed that to my buddy who had also bought the pads. Saved him from a headache later as he hadn't read the thread since buying the pads. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Brembo Sports seem very well mannered on the street. I am using Hawk HP+ on the back. I ordered the HPS's for the rear, but was sent and not charged for the HP+ version. Oh well...

They seem to work just fine(the HP+'s), so it's not a big deal.

·
Registered
136 Posts
awesome i finally found a place that sells brembo blank rotors. what pads do you recommend for street, the street ones or autocross/track?

what are you doing for the rear?
They're the same pad, just listed as both performance street and autox/track on tire rack.

At $20 I think I'm going to bite. Whatever pads came on my car are basically rocks.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Dang you guys making me spend money that I really shouldn't. :p I just bought these brakes, but I don't want to wait until I have to buy pads, and pay 5 times as much for replacements than I have to right now.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I got the 14" brembo 4 piston kit sans pads. Will cobra R pads or gt500 pads fit?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Looks like the sale is going on again.

how do these compare to stock motorcraft pads? I just did the cobra brake swap and it seems like they are pretty dusty, but stop well. Maybe it's just the break in that caused all the dust...

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
My buddy Wade used them on his CMC car at Texas World Speedway several weeks ago then used them again at Cresson two weekends ago. He says that they aren't quite as good as HP+s, but that for the cost they can't be beat. I think he bought a few more sets so that he never had to worry about pads again. Costas also used them in his 3rd gen B4C 1LE at TWS and liked them, iirc.

·
Registered
591 Posts
ordered 3 sets :)

Where can i get decent affordable rotors to go with them?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts