Ford Mustang Forums banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
2cammer97 said:
a ported bullit intake should add more power on my car than it did on your car or your friends car but hopefully we'll see this summer.
Thats probably true, but FWIW, my intake is ported as well. Actually, I mainly just had as much casting flash removed from it as possible, along with having some material removed, while retaining the stock-sized ports, so that it would still mate to the head just fine. I just didn't want you to get your hopes up, but if you could get to 300 RWHP with the Bullitt intake, that would be awesome.

·
Registered
107 Posts
svtgt02 said:
Whats the differnece in getting PI heads or just getting my stock heads a Stage 3 port and Polish with 3rd angle valuve job. I was told if I just got the Stage 3 port n polish and valuve job that a .521 lift would hit. Doesnt PI have more room where it wouldnt hit. What is the HP differnce between these to. I need info because I plan on doing this in the next month or 2. Tell me pros cons, would a port n polish work with those cams you have?
Anyone? 97 Cammer?

·
Registered
3,173 Posts
svtgt02 said:
Your heads are PI heads. .521" lift cams won't "hit," whatever that means. The stock lift of your PI cams is .510" intake, and .530" exhaust. Porthing and polishing will work well with any cams, whether they are stock or not. That should do it.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Do any of you guys know of some emissions legal cams? Or ones that would pass a sniffer, even though they dont have a carb #.... I am lookin to do the PI headswap in the future, and would like some cams to replace the stock 99+'s.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
svtgt02- your cams are PI cams. just get them ported and slap some cams in and you'll be good to go. a .521 lift cam isn't huge. the HP blower cams are .531 lift, 292 advertised duration, 114 lsa. the HP NA cams are .531 lift, 282 advertised duration, 112 lsa.

97blacksteed, if you are worried about passing emissions i could just leave the PI cams in. they are actually pretty good cams. i don't know if any of the aftermarket cams right now are emissions legal.

marcus

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
i had a guy here locally on www.dfwstangs.net hosting them for me but he said they were taking up too much bandwith. he is going to compress them to mp3s tonight.

if anyone else wants to host them let me know and i'll try and get them up sooner.

marcus

61 - 71 of 71 Posts