Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im doing a diy kit on a 90gt, with a log header on the drivers side, turbo will be hidden in the drivers side fender.

I have a stock cooling system, I only plan to run 7-10psi on a stock shortblock, mind you I get 110+ days thru all summer and AC is a must at this stage of life.

I thought about doing an IC ala turbotime psi/incon/old procharger... should I be worried about the airflow restriction if I use a FMIC?

Opinions and thoughts are greatly appreciated....

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
here's my thoughts sounds like a lot of work to stuff everything where your planning maybe check out some of the more standard kits and go from there? whats the point of in the fender etc?? wouldn't the road debris from the tires throw water etc. on the turbo? what if you blow a tire is there "enough" room?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
here's my thoughts sounds like a lot of work to stuff everything where your planning maybe check out some of the more standard kits and go from there? whats the point of in the fender etc?? wouldn't the road debris from the tires throw water etc. on the turbo? what if you blow a tire is there "enough" room?
Already fabbed up... I kinda like the stealth look :grin2:

·
Registered
563 Posts
I run a fmic and ac, your biggest thing is having a really good fan. Cooling system will be key.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I run a fmic and ac, your biggest thing is having a really good fan. Cooling system will be key.
Switching over to a contour fan....stock radiadotr on it right now, new edelbrock water pump, 80% distillied water the rest antifreeze....

·
Registered
563 Posts
I run the mark 8 fan, stock radiator and stock 5.0 water pump and I have had no issues with overheating. Sounds like you got it under control.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts