Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my roush side exhaust with flowmasters in them can you use that style of a mufflers for a turbo car? I have the roush side exit exhaust skirts so I kinda need the tips in their or it looks :barf: lol I'm thinking ill run single the y it for where the old X pipe was to the mufflers I have unless I cant use them. Kinda sucks I have $700 bucks in the roush kit and would like to continue to use it lol thanks for the advice

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
From what i hear you shouldnt run a chambered muffler with a turbo...it hurts HP and spool up etc...I had flowmaster exhaust i got rid of it and went with Bassani race mufflers...straight thru design,is the best you can use...

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well damn that kinda blows, so basically any strait through muffler will work then?

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
well damn that kinda blows, so basically any strait through muffler will work then?
Yeah Basically...thats what i was told when i went turbo a few months ago...

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Any chambered muffler will definitely affect power output, but if your car is just a street car and you like how they sound, keep them on. Your car will still run fine. If the extra 20-30hp is worth it to you, then switch them out for some straight-through mufflers.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any chambered muffler will definitely affect power output, but if your car is just a street car and you like how they sound, keep them on. Your car will still run fine. If the extra 20-30hp is worth it to you, then switch them out for some straight-through mufflers.
yeah it will be a street car ut will go to the track as offten as my $$ alous me to lol. Will it sound like crap with the turbo and chambered muffler?

·
Registered
268 Posts
yeah it will be a street car ut will go to the track as offten as my $$ alous me to lol. Will it sound like crap with the turbo and chambered muffler?
I have knock off flows same muffler the car is very quiet! Sounds like a mustang with all 4 cats.. I also have a cut out the car is totally different beast with it open so flows will hurt your power but just throw a cut out and you'll be fine

·
4,309 Posts
I long lost the dyno graphs but seen a much bigger change in power when switching off flowmasters on a turbo car. It was a rather significant gain by going off them. With that said though, I kind of like the sound of turbo mustangs with flowmasters. I will dare say it is quieter than a stock mustang.

Sent from my iPad Nano

·
Registered
994 Posts
With that said though, I kind of like the sound of turbo mustangs with flowmasters. I will dare say it is quieter than a stock mustang.
I concur. I love the way mine sounds with Flows. I'll probably still ditch them eventually though.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
i had flowmasters with the turbo and it sounded pretty good but was too quiet for me. I tried it with a single cat as well and that was like driving around in a prius

·
Registered
753 Posts
The bigger concern with a chambered muffler other than power loss is the increase in back pressure and heat. Under boost they are more restictive and will increase exhuast gas temps and eveything from the turbo to cylinder heads will run hotter.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well I would like to keep it somewhat quite but maybe Ill put in a cut out for when I need it opened up to really run

1 - 13 of 13 Posts