Ford Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Edit : Lower Price $175 plus Shipping and PP Fees or gift the PP.

I'm selling the FR rack out of my 88 Mustang, I don't like manual steering on a street car , maybe if I had skinnys on it but it's not comfortable to drive around.
so I'm putting a new power steering rack in this weekend, and will sell my Fr1520 manual rack, it still has the tie rods on the ends, and I can include the u joint that came with the FR steering shaft, I found an adapter to let me use the shaft with a stock power steering rack.

so the rack , the outer tie rods, and the u joint for a FR steering shaft.
the boots are a little cracked, looks like dry rotted a little and just a little rust on the rack, it has mostly sat the last few years more than it has been driven on, it works great , no issues at all.

asking 175 plus shipping and PP , local meet would be great also.

Thanks Rick

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What you think shipping to a business would be 18902?
I'll pm you the quote.

here is the u joint, it's the joint that comes on the FR manual steering shaft, it has the small spline for the manual shaft one end, and 3/4 double D end on the other end.

the joint works perfect , there is a little rust on it not real bad and the set screws need cleaned up some.

I found an adapter at summit racing for about $40 that made the shaft work on my new stock Cardone power steering rack in my 88 GT Mustang .

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump

Price Drop $200 plus shipping

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lower Price $175 Plus Ship an PP will meet or can gift the PP to save More !!

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TTT

·
Registered
140 Posts
Man wish I should seen this before I ordered a "new one" from jegs about a week ago. I opened the box and they sent me one that was manufactured in 2015! Good deal here.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Man wish I should seen this before I ordered a "new one" from jegs about a week ago. I opened the box and they sent me one that was manufactured in 2015! Good deal here.
Thanks for the Bump.

Yea I think that's around when I bought mine, it's in great shape the few miles on it were highway miles mostly , the boots have cracked just a little probably from sitting so long over the last few years.

I'd say it's a very good deal if you want manual steering.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Get Your Manual steering here!! Great Deal TTT

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
reply sent

·
Premium Member