Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's my everyday driver to work 40 miles round trip and 22-25 mpg on highway. With a slow 1.82 60ft i went 11.35 @ 134. I was very easy on the trans (stock t-5) I was happy to see that mph!! this is a full weight 88 gt with all options so it is not light.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
damn those are some good numbers for such a slow 60'. congrats!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now i need a g force t-5 so i can bang some gears.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Out of the box performer heads, a cheap typhoon intake, and a comp cam on a 114 lobe sep.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a really bad experience with a gForce T5....

Now i need a g force t-5 so i can bang some gears.

I had Modern Driveline build me one. I changed my entire driveline all at once (engine, tranny, driveshaft) and after doing so had a terrible vibration that started at 60 mph and by 85 mph was downright scary. Tried all the usual things and could not find the problem. Vibration was the same regardless of engine rpm - even did it coasting down in neutral. Figured it was the tranny and sent it back - they replaced the main shaft. Problem not solved. Finally pulled the driveshaft and ran the tranny up by itself - vibration still there. Bought a brand new T5Z and installed it. Problem solved. Called Modern Driveline and they said that they had been having quality control problems with the gForce gearsets and they would not build gForce T5s any more. They also told me that it was not their fault the gearset was defective and to take it up with gForce.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Can you post up some more of that time slip? Also any video? Not saying you did not run that fast but do you think its possible you read the board wrong? 124 mph seems more realistic to your e.t. and 60ft! Nice times BTW.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nutzz, it was 134, on another pass it went 130 bouncing off the 6200 chip. 104 in the 1/8th.It does make 550 [email protected] rpm i did not turn it past 5900 on the dyno. So at 6300 at 134 mph i bet its making 575 or so?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Haha thats awesome! Way to get your money worth out of the stock block man!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts