Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Congrats, very impressive. Are you thinking 9's with a little more time ? Knock that 60ft down alittle and your there....

On a side note, how's GLD looking this year ? Did they ever fix that track scale yet ?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thinking if I can get the 60ft's down to 1.4 & turn boost to 20psi I can squeak out a 9.99. that is my summer goal. But I want to do it without adding anything extra, launching off the footbrake. I'm running 80lb injectors, base pressure set at 60 psi. Twin GT supercar pumps, return style so it's gonna be close if I have enough fuel for the HP that will be needed for 9.99 et. Car is basically full weight, 3360lbs without driver. I do have a nitrous kit currently on the car that can factor into the equation if needed, I haven't used it yet. I don't even know if I have enough pump to run it under sustained use(ie through the whole run)

I saw guys using the scale at gld so I'd say it's working

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
the mph is there to go 9's now

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Car is basically a full weight street car. 3350lbs w/out drivet. I put slicks/skinny on it for the track obviously. Are you saying 132mph can get me 9's with a car that heavy?

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
yes just need to play with it down low...

a lot of tricks can be played early in the run with the tune that you cant get away with up top

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Just a fyi, I have a KB Boost-a-pump in the fuel system section for sale if you need something like that to boost those pumps a bit to keep it safer.

ks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts