Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got my car together and made it to the track last weekend. Ran a best of [email protected] with a weak 1.45 60'

This was right off the trailer with no adjustments made to the engine, carb, suspension, chassis nothing.

Basic combo:
408w
Fas as Cast twisted wedge heads
Custom cam from Jay Allen
Vic Jr. intake
Pro systems carb
Accufab 1 7/8 to 3" longtubes

c4 with brake and 8" converter from Ultimate Converter Concepts

Team z upper and lower control arms in the rear
4:10's (which need to be 4.30's)
28x10.5 MT slicks
Team Z k-member and a-arms
Strange 10 way shocks and struts

Car has a 10 point cage and still has the interior minus the CD player and the carpet that went in the hatch area because I put a battery box there.

Pretty basic easy combination and im confident it will go 9's no problem with some minor changes.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
hell just get you a junkyard 6.0 truck engine,throw a cam in it and a carb it'll go 9's easy,cause you know a ls1 style engine is the end of all other engines

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1.45 is decent but not good enough. There is room for improvement on this setup. There are multiple things right now I could improve upon but have to get back to the track first.

tight lash solid roller.

And I dont give a #### about some 6.0 truck engine, and dont see how it has anything to do with this thread?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Made a few halfass pulls on an engine dyno a few months ago and had it running long enough to bring it up to temp the day before I raced it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
hell just get you a junkyard 6.0 truck engine,throw a cam in it and a carb it'll go 9's easy,cause you know a ls1 style engine is the end of all other engines
then build one and let everyone build what they want, in nascar chevy never used an ls1 platform engine but ford still uses a prodution based 351 with d3 heads you tell me if an ls1 is the best platform. I dont think so or they would have used it, instead they went from there production based engine with sb2 heads strait to a one off race engine the RO7

·
Registered
826 Posts
then build one and let everyone build what they want, in nascar chevy never used an ls1 platform engine but ford still uses a prodution based 351 with d3 heads you tell me if an ls1 is the best platform. I dont think so or they would have used it, instead they went from there production based engine with sb2 heads strait to a one off race engine the RO7
Well I bet nascar doesnt use it because its aluminum block based. But really thats all I see as the advantage a LS1 engine has and I guess having 4 bolt mains. I wish the dart aluminum 351w blocks where cheaper. I think your engine ran good for the first time out. What is the weight of ur stang, so far 1.44 is the best I have got from my ranger

·
Registered
340 Posts
Well I bet nascar doesnt use it because its aluminum block based. But really thats all I see as the advantage a LS1 engine has and I guess having 4 bolt mains. I wish the dart aluminum 351w blocks where cheaper. I think your engine ran good for the first time out. What is the weight of ur stang, so far 1.44 is the best I have got from my ranger
ford racing is coming out with there aluminum block itll sell for 3500 its mad by rdi its alittle cheaper

1 - 20 of 42 Posts