Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally hit the track for the first time in my life. Conditions weren't great and I have a lot to learn. Traction was nowhere to be found with my Nitto 555r's. I didn't air them down and I'm still running more of a road race suspension. Humidity hovered from 80-100% through the night. My best run was my first. [email protected] Reaction time was on the next planet. My best run was also driving through the water box and doing a second gear John Force burnout. Lol. Embarrassingly enough; I rolled right through the beams.
Anywho...had a blast and the adrenaline is still flowing.

·
Premium Member
1,131 Posts
That’s awesome man!!! I finally got my car ready for the track.....a week after it closed for season. This will be my first time with a car that will actually make a decent pass, mid- low 9’s hopefully. I’m excited for spring! After snowmobile season of course. Hammer down!!

Reactions: Nitrous Al

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
110mph should net a high 12 1/4 mile time

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sounds like fun. If you're just out there having fun and trying to see what your car will do, reaction times don't mean too much. Sticky tires and work on your launches and you'll shave a bunch of time off. What were your 60' times?

110mph should net a high 12 1/4 mile time
Yep. I had my car out a couple times this year at our local track's friday night street legals, and it constantly went 109mph and so far has gone a best et of 12.69. I'm sure i could probably knock a bit more off with some more seat time and practice.

·
Premium Member
2,584 Posts
Yep. I had my car out a couple times this year at our local track's friday night street legals, and it constantly went 109mph and so far has gone a best et of 12.69. I'm sure i could probably knock a bit more off with some more seat time and practice.
Yeah, but you are in Canada, you went 4/10 of a Kilometer instead of a 1/4 mile....>:)

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Too be honest; I thought the car had more than 110mph in it. I'm guessing that the car with me in it, is fairly heavy. I have the shift light set at 5800 and in fourth gear; the shift light never came on as I drove through the traps. I can't tell you what rpm the car did trap either.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
You're addicted. It's a drug, I have tried to quit about 7 or 8 or 9 or 10 times and, like driving a truck, once it's in your blood you can't get enough and you just can't quit.

Congratulations---and I'm sorry to hear of your addiction :)

What I see much of is guys trying to keep up with the jones's so to speak, and I'm guilty too. Yeah sure we all want that 4 second ET and 300+ mph but face it, most of us ain't gonna get there, so IMO, just go out to the local track, have as much fun as you safely can, and be happy with that-regardless of what your stuff "looks" or runs like. Mine ain't nothing to look at for sure so I can speak with PLENTY of experience.

Also don't let the faster guys downtalk you either...very discouraging, and when people do that, it shows a lot about THEIR character, again in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You're addicted. It's a drug, I have tried to quit about 7 or 8 or 9 or 10 times and, like driving a truck, once it's in your blood you can't get enough and you just can't quit.

Congratulations---and I'm sorry to hear of your addiction /forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

What I see much of is guys trying to keep up with the jones's so to speak, and I'm guilty too. Yeah sure we all want that 4 second ET and 300+ mph but face it, most of us ain't gonna get there, so IMO, just go out to the local track, have as much fun as you safely can, and be happy with that-regardless of what your stuff "looks" or runs like. Mine ain't nothing to look at for sure so I can speak with PLENTY of experience.

Also don't let the faster guys downtalk you either...very discouraging, and when people do that, it shows a lot about THEIR character, again in my opinion.
I'm in denial. Is there a 7 step program?

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
471 Posts
110 MPH is enough to eek into the 11s if you have the suspension setup to clock 1.57 ish 60 foots and drive it like you stole it.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
110 MPH is enough to eek into the 11s if you have the suspension setup to clock 1.57 ish 60 foots and drive it like you stole it.
It would also help if the car went on a diet and maybe throw on some long tube headers.
My 60' time was a whopping 2.197. lol

·
Registered
471 Posts
It would also help if the car went on a diet and maybe throw on some long tube headers.
My 60' time was a whopping 2.197. lol
2.197 - 1.57 = .627

13.4 - .627 = 12.773 (Some people will say the time you save in the first 60 ft is doubled by the time you hit the end of the 1/4 so 13.4 - 1.254 = 12.146) The real answer is probably somewhere in between.

Reducing weight will increase the power/weight ratio and raise the finish line MPH and help lower 60 ft and ET.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
2.197 - 1.57 = .627

13.4 - .627 = 12.773 (Some people will say the time you save in the first 60 ft is doubled by the time you hit the end of the 1/4 so 13.4 - 1.254 = 12.146) The real answer is probably somewhere in between.

Reducing weight will increase the power/weight ratio and raise the finish line MPH and help lower 60 ft and ET.
Interesting.
Look what one time at the track has done to me. I'm actually reading math and understanding it! Lol

After a lot of consideration; I've put my car up for sale. I don't have the heart to tear into such a clean car. I'm hoping to end up with a Fox that's pretty much ready to go.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
293 Posts
2.197 - 1.57 = .627

Since he put the car up for sale, I feel no shame in hijacking now... Sledger.. what was ur 60' on that run in ur sig?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Since he put the car up for sale, I feel no shame in hijacking now... Sledger.. what was ur 60' on that run in ur sig?
I remember 1.49 for that run. That was on MT 255-60 drag radials and a Victor 5.0 intake.

Back with the original 302 my best was 11.75 at 113 MPH with a 1.56 60 ft. I was running a ported Cobra intake at the time. I was also running MT 235-60 drag radials.

Reactions: tbirdz12
1 - 16 of 16 Posts