Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired a 1993 F250 with a 351 Windsor and was wanting to try my first swap into a v6 mustang body i have laying around what can i use from the truck and what will i need to change for this swap and such super new to this.
I don't know if this is the right forum or not either so sorry in advance.
Thank You

·
Registered
141 Posts
Look at the pics in the following thread.If you were gonna go carb,you could go the route this guy done.EFI is gonna be a slightly different story though because of the fuel,ignition,ecu and wiring.Its worth taking a look at though.This will help guide you a little though,as far as getting the engine,bellhousing and transmission parts in place.Youre gonna have to swap a 8.8 and,I imagine,v8 springs in place to take the additional power and weight of the 5.8.

https://www.v6mustang.com/threads/swap-in-progress-3-8-to-5-8.95984/?amp=1

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Sorry 1994 mustang ??
It’s a helluva project. I had a 96 we swapped over to a 302 and it’s not something I’d recommend to the backyard mechanic, unless they have lots of time and focus.

You have an automatic trans? Keeping the efi eec? Do you have access to another v8 sn95 for parts? Are you keeping your stock hood?

A lot of the truck stuff won’t work for the Mustangs, they’re different components. Truck accessories are different. You’re better off having a v8 mustang to pull misc parts from as-needed. Your Ecu will be different and you’ll need a v8 computer to run, as well as a maf. I believe if it’s a 95+ truck it will be maf already but you may want to double check that. Your best bet is getting a harness out of a 94/95 v8 mustang and using that with the 5.8.

V8 sn95s can be bad for decent prices; I paid $2500 for my last one I built, and parted out everything on it. Made all my money back except $200, but I still have parts left to move.

The truck will damn near just be good for the block when it’s all said and done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts