Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
91 fox i just did all work---b-cam,windsor jr heads fresh from shop ported to 1262 felpro gasket gt40 intake 42lb injectors pro tube blow thru meter,kirban fuel regulator set at 40 with line off,on3 turbo kit all new. anderson pms,,, autometer 5778 wideband with new sensor the car is running really lean on idle,i have to have the fuel up to +40 in idle to get it to get to high 14s low 15 on wideband thats where i have a problem i have smoked the system for vacume leaks and found nothing i have 14 vacume on gauge i'm stumped bad on this one anyones have any ideas??

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
91 fox i just did all work---b-cam,windsor jr heads fresh from shop ported to 1262 felpro gasket gt40 intake 42lb injectors pro tube blow thru meter,kirban fuel regulator set at 40 with line off,on3 turbo kit all new. anderson pms,,, autometer 5778 wideband with new sensor the car is running really lean on idle,i have to have the fuel up to +40 in idle to get it to get to high 14s low 15 on wideband thats where i have a problem i have smoked the system for vacume leaks and found nothing i have 14 vacume on gauge i'm stumped bad on this one anyones have any ideas??
so...what problem are you experiencing?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
lean

i think something is wrong if i'm having to add that much fuel i dont want to try and band-aid my car by just adding more fuel to fix something thats wrong unless a couple people with fox bodie on3 turbos can tell me their idle fuel is above 40% on idle and thats normal i dont have a problem i have four tunes from other people with near same setup and they show negative on their idle fuel so yeaaa

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
update

unplugged 02's it jumped strait to 14.7 i have the fuel at idle in the pms at +14 and its in the 14s on afr so now i need to?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok

so wide band in 14s on idle as soon as i give it gas it gose lean i put a tune in from someone similar to mine and no luck

·
Registered
737 Posts
Add fuel via the Global fuel setup to get it better then start taking it outwhere needed

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
idle and part throttle tuning its best done with the o2s disconnected. also, the tune you have is just a starting point... you have to tweak it to what your engine likes.
head on over to stangtuning and do some searching and reading. or else you'll have that pms in the classifieds in a week.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts