Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally made it to the track. Had nothing but problems all day but did manage to make one pass with my street tires on it. I had some starter issues at the track which ended up being a cracked bellhousing. Drove the 120km and back with no real issues. Only made one pass because of the bell issue but all in all it was a good day. Here is what the slip looked like. At 8lbs.
2.016 just feathered it out so I didn't stall it
7.875 @ 93.274
12.091 @ 116.919
This was with an AFR of 10.4ish and 18* timing. I was hoping to get the tune dialed in some but couldn't because of the bell issue. Hopefully I can get back in a couple of weeks for something a little faster.
For comparison sake last time out it did this @ 9psi.
1.725 with slicks.
7.439 @ 93.67
11.623 @ 112.11 lifted before stripe.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Good that you got the run in. Sometimes it can be dicey driving to the track-especially before you really trust your setup. I wound up getting towed home 100 miles one time with a blow headgasket. Somehow you always picture getting a bunch of runs in and being able to test out a bunch of things....Still trying to get to the track this season. Something with the track or me always seems to go wrong.
Erich

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Going to the track tomorrow. 2 step and boost controller installed. Im getting 5lb at 2400 on the two step. I really want a 10.99 or better on 9lbs. If I can't get it I'll just up the boost some.

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
tell us little about the combo...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stock short block, cam, holley heads, x-cellerator intake, home built 650 blowthrough carb. PTC converter pa reverse manual valve body, no brake, 3.08 gear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts