Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past Saturday I went to Milan dragway for NO E.T night, this was my first time down the track since re doing the car over the winter here are the specs of the entire car

Dart shp block
-Eagle 331 rotating assembly, steel crank, h-beam rods
-AFR 165cc heads with comp cam spring kit upgrade
-1.6 roller rockers
-Tfs upper and lower track heat intake
-Comp cam .580int. .588exh. @.50 236int 248exh
-1 3/4" longtubes, 3 inch exhaust, 10 series flowmasters dumped at the rear axle
-Vortech older v2 s-trim w/powerpipe making 12-13lbs with a 3.15" upper and 8" lower crank pulley
-Vortech after cooler setup
-Coan TH400 tranny with 3500 stall
-Built 8.8 with strange 33 spline axles, 3:73 gear, spool and c clip eliminators, girdle cover.
-aeromotive dual phantom in the tank fuel system running on pump e85
-holley efi ecm
-upr tubular k member kit, front coilovers with strange adj. struts
-steeda double adj. rear upper control arms, team z single adj. Lowers, team z drag springs, upr anti roll bar, strange adj shocks.
-weld rt s-71 rims 15x4 fronts and 15x10 rears with 6.5 backspacing wrapped in 275/50/15 nitto 555r's

This is a full interior car with a sound system I would guess that the car weighs around 3000-3100lbs plus me being 200lbs would be 3200-3300 race weight with a full tank of gas. This combination spit out 570's horsepower and 550's torque on a mustang dyno.

My first pass I left at idle and actually let off early not remembering exactly where the end of the 1320 was lol rookie mistake and first time jitters after not being down the track in over 2 years got the best of me lol. Results were 10.11 @134.6 mph with a 1.73 60' I was extremely happy with my first pass with the new combo. Unfortunately my supercharger belt flexed and walked forward a Lil bit off the tensioner with the 6300rpm shifting and hit my electric fan motor and shredded 1 rib off out of the 8 rib setup, so being that I had a 45 minute drive back home with the car I didn't wanna risk another run an shredding the belt worse and leaving myour car stranded at the track. Overall I am super happy with this combo, My goal is to drive the car 45 minutes to the next NO E.T and run a 9.90's with a mild built 331 with a small old school s-trim blower and drive it back home hopefully with no issues lol STREET CAR!!!

20170716_000908.jpg

20170715_171916.jpg
Cooling down after the long drive there and waiting in the lanes to run

20170715_184229.jpg
First pass time slip

20170715_194706.jpg

20170715_195213.jpg
You can see where the belt came forward and ate a rib on the fan motor. Anybody else ever have this issue?? This never happened on the street but I have never been shifting up to 6300 rpms on the street either, Was thinking about replacing the stock tensioner with a ribbed one with a lip on the edges of it to hold it on better?? Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
376 Posts
great first time out
not a fan of nittos
get yourself some M/T's
you can cut low 1.4's easily
your car can easily hit 9.70's

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
great first time out
not a fan of nittos
get yourself some M/T's
you can cut low 1.4's easily
your car can easily hit 9.70's
Thanks, what's the best M/T's for street/strip setups like mine? I used to run the older E.T streets but they dont seem to last long with street driving. I was actually pretty impressed with the nittos I have never used them before and they came with the rim an tire combo I bought and they seem to hook decently. There was another guy at the track running 9teens with the nt555r.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Heres a gopro vid of the pass. After watching it is can see I rolled forward a bit and then hit the gas so that hurt my 60' time a bit.

Another thing is my rpms are around 6500 going thru the traps which Is another reason I left off early in the run, i want them around 6200-6300 going thru the traps, if I go from my 275/50/15 nitto which is 25.75" tall, to a 27" tall tire. How much effect would there be on dropping my rpms?

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Mathematically speaking, going from a 25.75" tire to 27" tire would bring your 6500RPM down to 6199RPM so roughly 6200RPM.

25.75"/27"=.9537
.9537*6500RPM=6199RPM

·
Registered
440 Posts
Thanks, throw up some pics of your combo, have u had it on a dyno or anything yet?
No numbers yet, runs, i call her the "diamond in the rough'" bc i threw her together and now she's at a local speed shop getting the much needed professional touch, getting my fast system installed then nic-nacks buttoned up, then hitting the rollers.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks sweet, what kind of heads your running and how much boost do u plan on pushing? Also what tranny u running? You running anything to help keep the iat's down?

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
92stroker,what rad/fan combo are you running? looks like the fan motor is really close to the belt..anyway to move it forward,away from the motor?

I know you mentioned the belt walking forward and hitting the fan motor..nice running combo! what ecu and tuning?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Looks sweet, what kind of heads your running and how much boost do u plan on pushing? Also what tranny u running? You running anything to help keep the iat's down?
Thanks!
Heads are AFR 185s 1420s
I got 8"/3.33" so maybe 12-15lbs
Art Carr C4 1000hp rated w/brake
Not yet, seeing what they're gonna be then might get a FMIC, in the event was gonna get "CX RACING"(correction) piping with "treadstone IC"

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
92stroker,what rad/fan combo are you running? looks like the fan motor is really close to the belt..anyway to move it forward,away from the motor?

I know you mentioned the belt walking forward and hitting the fan motor..nice running combo! what ecu and tuning?
Thanks, I am running a holley hp setup, I had it tuned at vector motorsports out in Brighton michigan. very happy with the system and the tuning, the street manners with this system is phenomenal, dam near drives like a stock cruiser.

I run a summit direct fit aluminum radiator with maradyne mach II dual 11" slim fans. I am looking at another way to mount the fans to my radiator the way I have it mounted right now leaves a gap at the top around a 1/4", gonna mount it more flush that will help a bit with room, every bit counts lol. Need to also check the pulley alignment still I think that's my real issue the supercharger idler pulley angles back a bit kinda strange, just haven't had the time to dial it in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts