Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,284 Posts
Good stuff, some nice-looking cars on (what I've heard is) a fun track.

Nice stealthy car ya got there, too. Not many guys going the built N/A route, seems everyone insists on throwing a blower on the 4.6L cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
998 Posts
Nice pics . . . you just barely got me in my sister's Contour SVT on the edge of one of the photos.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
J98GT said:
Nice pics . . . you just barely got me in my sister's Contour SVT on the edge of one of the photos.
next summer make sure you stop by our camp. Hopefully your beast will be ready by then :evil: . (if your still prepping the 98 that is... if not, the 05' i'll assume)

A friend (drag only guy), tagged along and took those pics for us. His payment was 95 degree heat, free beer and sleeping in the same bunk w/ another dude. LMAO! myself and serpentnoir were at the other end of the camper.....we thought we heard some weird noises. LOL :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Patrick Olsen said:
Good stuff, some nice-looking cars on (what I've heard is) a fun track.

Nice stealthy car ya got there, too. Not many guys going the built N/A route, seems everyone insists on throwing a blower on the 4.6L cars.
blowers can be great for sure, but I prefer the reliability & simplicity usually afforded w/ an NA build. And the car is faster than the dyno numbers show. I've been very successful against cars w/ much larger numbers than mine. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
998 Posts
blacksnake305 said:
blowers can be great for sure, but I prefer the reliability & simplicity usually afforded w/ an NA build.

Which is why I took the blower off this weekend. My beast won't be so beastly next year, but it should still be fast enough to be fun . . .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
J98GT said:
Which is why I took the blower off this weekend. My beast won't be so beastly next year, but it should still be fast enough to be fun . . .

Unless your a PRO, the 'fun factor' is what really matters anyhow... My car is much more capable than I am... "Big Power" is not what's required. Better driving skills are... (for me anyway) :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
465 Posts
Cool Pix!

Cool pix...Being that close to the GT must have been worth the price of admission !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
serpentnoir said:
I'm disappointed. no pictures of my hibachi with a 4 foot flame coming out of it. Oh well next year maybe. :)
oh yea. forgot about that. And come to think of it, we never got a pic of all of us together. Next year. Now that we've done it, we are better able to improve on last years experience.

PS: I 'pulled the trigger' on the guages and I'm looking into removing all bling by trading my saleens for some 03' anniversary rims... Now I will look like a v6 again... lol

PSS: 99svtaddict pulled the trigger on alky injection, SCT maf, 3.33 pully and another lidio tune. He will be in the 600-620rwhp range. Unbelieveable power. Can you say 10.xx in a show quality car? wow... now I feel impotent... hehe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,264 Posts
blacksnake305 said:
PSS: 99svtaddict pulled the trigger on alky injection, SCT maf, 3.33 pully and another lidio tune. He will be in the 600-620rwhp range. Unbelieveable power. Can you say 10.xx in a show quality car? wow... now I feel impotent... hehe
jeeesh....
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
27,657 Posts
Awesome video. Looked like the one of me chasing down that Elise, only 33% faster LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,013 Posts
Hot that weekend... Yeah, its was like 95'F and 90% humidity.
That, plus and exhaust that runs _inside_ you car... DOH!!! ;)

Especially, at the point where my hatch carpet got airborn, then shifted and rested on the new exhaust pipes and CAUGHT FIRE!!!
Figures, the ONLY session I went out without my drivingsuit and gloves... and burned ths @#$% out of my hand as I grabbed the flaming/melting carpet yanking it out of the car.
Audrey who is a nurse added wrap and cream to it right way.

 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top