Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These motors are $2000 each.

They are located in Gainesville Florida. You can pick them up from me here or pay shipping from Gainesville Florida to your location.

The motors will come as follows:
- Intake manifold without throttle body
-Wiring harness unplugged from the computer. No cut wires, no computer. I did not import the stock computer because they are $100. Then you have to buy a SCT handheld to disable the anti theft. Then you have to pay someone to tune it. An aftermarket ECU such as a Megasquirt ends up being less expensive.
-Coil packs
- All sensors (except the sensors that would be on the throttle body).
-Flexplate for auto transmission.
-Oil pan
-Fuel rail with injectors
-No alternator (4.6/5.4 alternator will bolt on, only requiring a spacer on the bolts to shim it into alignment)
-No power steering pump. A 2003 Mazda Trubute V6 uses the same power steering pump. $55 from Advance with lifetime warranty.
-No a/c compressor (looks like 3.8 v6 compressor will bolt on without modifications, I'll know for sure tonight)

No transmissions. If you want to run a manual transmission I can get you a T5 or T56 bellhousings around $300 or less. I have to source them individually therefore I have to pay what the seller wants for them. If you want to run an auto, I will be selling an adapter plate to use a SBF transmission. Depending on cost to produce these, I will be selling them for around $250 or less if I can get them made cheaper.

I did not bother importing the Aussie transmission since they are expensive to purchase and import. Getting parts to rebuild them are also expensive. It makes more sense to use an American transmission.

These motors make 255hp/282tq na.
With a safe 10psi on an NA motor you get 350+hp and 400tq.

These are ALL NA MOTORS! None of these are Turbo motors. The motor with the red valve cover is an NA motor with a turbo valve cover.
The turbo motors are $2k before shipping. By the time I get them over here I'll have to sell them for $4k just to make a couple bucks. Its cheaper to take the NA motor and change the pistons and exhaust valves. Manley sells H-beam rods good for 1100hp for $620 and pistons good for 1100hp $760 if you want to go for a full build.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
These are ALL NA MOTORS! None of these are Turbo motors. The motor with the red valve cover is an NA motor with a turbo valve cover.
The turbo motors are $2k before shipping. By the time I get them over here I'll have to sell them for $4k just to make a couple bucks. Its cheaper to take the na motor and change the pistons and exhaust valves.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Ooooo. The ol Falcon 6 cyl. I bet these could be some fun. How much difference is there in the NA motor vs the turbo version?

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Cool, DOHC straight six Ford, I love it.

What trans bell housing do those have on them?

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ooooo. The ol Falcon 6 cyl. I bet these could be some fun. How much difference is there in the NA motor vs the turbo version?
There are 2 differences. The pistons and the exhaust valves. The Turbo motor has 9.0:1 compression pistons and the NA motor has 10.3:1 compression. The turbo motor has hardened exhaust valves. With a safe 10psi on an NA motor you get 350+hp and 400tq.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool, DOHC straight six Ford, I love it.

What trans bell housing do those have on them?
No transmissions. If you want to run a manual transmission I can get you a T5 or T56 bellhousings around $300 or less. I have to source them individually therefore I have to pay what the seller wants for them. If you want to run an auto, I will be selling an adapter plate to use a SBF transmission. Depending on cost to produce these, I will be selling them for around $250 or less if I can get them made cheaper.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I was thinking of an Explorer member I know with a 12 second SOHC 4.0 now. He's got 15-18psi and the 5R55E is miraculously still surviving. He has a restrictive exhaust, and an Eaton of I think 122 CI size, close to 2 liters. He's just about at the limit of his combination, aiming for a touch of NO2(I think the trans is going to let go soon).

Using a SBF trans would be best, the 4R70W is strong enough for an auto. Which trans are those Ford Barra motors made for, the bell housing pattern?

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was thinking of an Explorer member I know with a 12 second SOHC 4.0 now. He's got 15-18psi and the 5R55E is miraculously still surviving. He has a restrictive exhaust, and an Eaton of I think 122 CI size, close to 2 liters. He's just about at the limit of his combination, aiming for a touch of NO2(I think the trans is going to let go soon).

Using a SBF trans would be best, the 4R70W is strong enough for an auto. Which trans are those Ford Barra motors made for, the bell housing pattern?
They use a Barra specific bolt pattern. In Australia they use some German transmission. I wanted to try to make a mod motor bell housing adapter but the starter would interfere with the block of the Barra. Using the mod bellhousing opens up the number of transmission possibilities.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts