Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Banned
6,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many of you have fire extinguishers in a daily driver?

if so... do people that ride with you constantly kick them???

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
yes I do...

and no they dont...

the bracket is bolted to the floor right at the bottom of the center console on the pass side.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I have one. It only took one alternator fire for me to decide on a fire extinguisher.

I don't have it bolted in yet. I guess I should do that huh. Nothing like a projectile fire extinguisher.

·
Corral Charter Member
4,633 Posts
Nothing wrong with having a fire extinguisher in ANY car. Now, if you have it mounted ricer style on the passenger side A pillar, then you have some issues.

Burbank.

·
Banned
6,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mine is bolted to the pass side kick panel... everyone kicks it even though it's out of the way.. :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have one too, and yes an alternator fire convinced me to put one in. Mine is mounted to the back of the passenger side back seat. With my long arms, I can reach back, fold down the seat and grab it. If I ever need it. hopefully on someone elses car and not mine:p

·
Registered
418 Posts
Mine's in the trunk bolted to the rear seat cross member. May not be as quickly accessible (though more so than those without one) but it's out of the way.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I have one and it's a must have. I had an engine fire once, when the power steering hose hit the header and sprayed a fine mist of PS fluid everywhere.

Luckily I had a fire exstinguisher and it wasn't that big of a deal.

It would be a shame to sit there and watch your stang burn to the ground.

Also keep one in your kitchen and your garage. It would be a shame to sit there and watch your house to the ground.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I have one both in the car and in garage.. you never know.

I hope I never need either.

Brad if they kick your fire extinguisher.. you can kick them back!

:evil:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Me too. Only $10, it would kill me if I had to watch my car burn up. Move it somewhere else that it won't get kicked

·
Registered
175 Posts
Mine is strapped to the 4pt roll bar in the back seat. It gets kicked occasionaly but I feel better having it. I also have a larger one in the garage.

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
OK guys, what size and type of extinguisher and please provide more details of how you're mounting them in the cabin so they're accessible but not prone to kicking. Thanks!

still running on the stock alternator and not looking forward to an upgrade and looking forward even less to an engine fire

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
mine is about 13-14in long maybe 4in in diameter (off the top of my head.. car is home). Its on a clip retainer part of a mounting brakcet. I have two self tapping screw holding the mounting bracket to the side of the tranny tunnel to the right and lower of the center console. I will get some pics when I get home.

Adan

·
Registered
197 Posts
Just go to the hardware store, I think mine is a "kiddy" brand or type, but yeah they are only like 10 bucks. Not to hard to pick one up. As for mounting, mine came with a plastic braket, and I just screwed it to the back seat with self-tapping screws.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I've replaced mine twice, thankfully on other people's cars. One car was cooking pretty good under the hood by the time I got to it. It was an older car, so insurance may have totaled it. The other car was a Jaguar battery fire. No serious damage.

Hope I never need it.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts