Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Yep, i see that... Looks like my tubular gt40 is going up for sale.

·
Old timer
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

·
Registered
146 Posts
I did post about these 5 days ago:
"New 8.2" deck Holley manifolds

Anyone tested/ done some work on the New Cast Hi- Ram manifolds fro Holley?

300-272/3, 300-306 etc https://www.holley.com/products/inta.../parts/300-272

I see the port exits are listed as 2 x 1.19". I need the runners ported and exits at 2.25 x 1.4". Enough meat in the runners to do this and make steam to 8500 rpm?

And volume of plenum- anyone cared to check?

I currently have the Edelbrock XT manifold, and without a lid.... it's a PITA to port the runners. Size of runners are also barely large enough... Will get very thin i areas. Besides, plenum volume is quite small... "

Well, Mr. Curtis- can you- as Tom Guess above- get the ports to 1263 (R?) gasket size AND have a Nice taper- top to bottom? I agree to what Tom say- it looks like that, judging from Your pic.

They are available from Holley now, or?
Not listed at Summit yet (as of 5 days ago....)

·
Registered
10,793 Posts
I thought 1262 was a limit and looks like Ed has confirmed that. His stated size is in between 1262 and 1262R and may be at the safe limit of the casting. I would suggest you do one to a 1262 or Ed's size and try it for starters if you are running 363ci or less and cam appropriately. Looks to me like that intake might need welding in a few locations to get to 1262R size and would sacrifice some of the castings taper.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Let me know - before I start cutting up this one... ;)

-> Holley 300-306 <-
Its gonna be a minute before I am ready. Gotta sell my GT40 and save up a little more. I also dont want to change anything until the winter. That intake will be mine within the next few months though.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Just curious, would a port match to an AFR 205 fall within to what is doable. Without major welding and rework? And just some minor Splash Zone to get it to conform?

·
Registered
698 Posts
Can the upper lid be flipped around 180 degrees to run the throttle body either left or right side?
Looking at the diagrams on Holleys website, it looks like it can be swapped either way. Some fords did come with the manifold swapped the other direction so I would assume it they took that into account.

·
Registered
698 Posts
So, why not have it drilled for a ford style throttle body? kind of odd since it's going on a ford

Based on what the Holley site says, it is drilled for a ford throttle body. It also looks like the same pattern you would see on an egr plate from a fox with the 2 bolt flange for the throttle bracket. It just has a 95mm opening but the holes appear to be the factory spacing. 90mm throttle bodies do exist to fit a standard fox throttle body flange.

·
Old timer
5,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #33

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
That's a neat intake, but I think you'll need at least a 7,200 rpm capable 347 to take advantage of it. On a 408/427, it should do really well in a street car setup - it'll probably peak in the low/mid 6,000 range. That's assuming the runners are opened up to a 1262. My $.02 anyway.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Looking at the diagrams on Holleys website, it looks like it can be swapped either way. Some fords did come with the manifold swapped the other direction so I would assume it they took that into account.
All our aussie 5.0's run intake manifolds flipped 180 degrees, to draw air from the left hand side.

It was the reason I chose the Trickflow R over the SM2. Cause the SM2 can't flip the upper 180.

·
Premium Member
2,417 Posts
I can't believe nobody has asked if it will fit under a stock hood...:smile2::wink2:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Based on what the Holley site says, it is drilled for a ford throttle body. It also looks like the same pattern you would see on an egr plate from a fox with the 2 bolt flange for the throttle bracket. It just has a 95mm opening but the holes appear to be the factory spacing. 90mm throttle bodies do exist to fit a standard fox throttle body flange.
It looks like that, but the description says 90mm LS throttle body so I had to ask

21 - 40 of 100 Posts