·
Premium Member
153 Posts
What intake is that?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
493 Posts
Looks like you can still run a heater tube without modification and still clear a 3'' hood and keep your EV1 injectors and side inlet pipe. With some modifications.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I didn’t know they were doing the tb on the side.

What are the benefits supposed to be versus what is already offered?
Fitment is the biggest thing. The side mounted throttle body allows for use of the original distributor. The side mount also allows for use of most cold air inductions, and stock filter locations. The height of the intake also will allow for greater serviceabilty of valve covers and injectors. According the the Holley Rep at NMRA in bowling green Ky I spoke to RPM range is 1500-7000 rpm. I saw one in a Holley demo car with the new Holley Terminator X engine management system. I cannot wait to try one.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
Just looking at it I'd guess it might be able to be opened to a 1262 port size. I guess runner length at ~6". Good taper in the runners which effectively shortens the runner should support more rpm than a 6" straight cross section at that 1250 size. Looking forward to some results now that they are showing up comparing them to 12-16" runner lengths on street to strip applications.........

·
Old timer
5,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just looking at it I'd guess it might be able to be opened to a 1262 port size. I guess runner length at ~6". Good taper in the runners which effectively shortens the runner should support more rpm than a 6" straight cross section at that 1250 size. Looking forward to some results now that they are showing up comparing them to 12-16" runner lengths on street to strip applications.........

PORT SPECS:
2.150" Height
1.310" Width
3/8" radius in corners

·
Registered
10,727 Posts
Trying to get an idea about the injector center line angle of approach on that port? almost looks like it's aimed at that "dead" area rather than down into the air stream..........could be just the shot angle though.........

·
Registered
586 Posts
PORT SPECS:
2.150" Height
1.310" Width
3/8" radius in corners

Thanks for clearing up the "don't know if there is much room to port these things" question. That is certainly a healthy port area. I sure hope you post up results when (if) it goes on the dyno.

Very interesting how the injectors have the long path to the port.

Jay

·
Registered
698 Posts
Anyone know when this is available? I have a Victor 5.0 i would swap out for that.

·
Old timer
5,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Anyone know when this is available? I have a Victor 5.0 i would swap out for that.
The one in the picture is available.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts