Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the final numbers at 16psi, 16deg timing and 110 race gas. The dyno is off from the actual car rpm, this was actually pulled to 6000rpm, so all rpm is about 500 less on the graph:

This has been an almost 3 year project from the time I dropped it off to Team Z so I am pumped to say the least. No just get it to pass PA inspection and have some fun at True Street events.

-J

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Is this going to have to pass emissions? or is that a non emission part of PA?
Amazing numbers anyway. You must be psyched to say the least.
Erich

·
Registered
3,839 Posts
Um....damn. That thing is a beast. What size/kind turbo? That thing doesn't make max boost until 4500 on your graph and from what you say that's 5k in life, wow.

Chris

·
Registered
685 Posts
Congrats! Awesome #'s, Awesome car!!!

·
Registered
575 Posts
That's the numbers you were supposed to put down, long wait but well worth it, yes? NICE. What event are you doing first? we need to see that beast run. Well, at least I might be able to hang with ya til 3600.lol

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, much appreciated.
Is this going to have to pass emissions? or is that a non emission part of PA?
Amazing numbers anyway. You must be psyched to say the least.
Erich
No comment ;)

What size/kind turbo? That thing doesn't make max boost until 4500 on your graph and from what you say that's 5k in life, wow
GT4788 1.08 A/R
Its a manual trans/DR set-up on a non-loaded dyno jet so I'm actually happy it doesn't come in too early. Hell it was fun NA on the street and the delay might make me hook better at the track.

That's the numbers you were supposed to put down, long wait but well worth it, yes? NICE. What event are you doing first? we need to see that beast run. Well, at least I might be able to hang with ya til 3600.lol
Thanks Terry, yes those are the numbers the math and my plan were hoping for, just took longer than expected. I'll make some shake-down runs at NMRA Milan and then plan on bringing it to PA and get it legal for True Street NMRA Columbus. Hope to see you and Julie sometime this summer. Her T-top coupe going to hit the road this summer? Car is coming along awesome buddy.
-J

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Let's see the beast, Turbo stang FTMFW.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
630 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys.
My guess is the rpm on the dyno is correct and the rpm in the car is wrong. Should be able to verify it with some sort of datalogger.

Awesome power.
As far as the rpm goes, I was told that he was having problems with the dynojet reading correctly, not just on my car. He reved it to 6000rpm on the XFI and tach.

I think the MPH will be a lilll higher then 145, thats just me though!
I hope not, I don't want a parachute yet. :shakehead
-J

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
I'm assuming it's a dynojet but I had the same problem on mine. The rpm pick up just didn't work well on my set up. Didn't know if it was because of the MSD or not.

The graph had shifted to the left, artificially raising the torque value. The power number should be correct but your true torque value should be lower.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Greg: Yes, its a Dynojet. I'm not sure on the torque being correct or not but according to my math (520hp/500tq on engine dyno break-in + 16psi) it's in the correct range.
I'm waiting to see what it runs at the track as that's what counts---I want at least 145mph at 3150-3200#.
The shop owner (check alternativeauto.com yellow coupe on right main screen) has gone 155mph with less power through a lock-up 4R70W.
-J

·
Registered
197 Posts
Looking very good!!! I would think you'll easily be over 145 with that;)
Congrats!

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I think you better start looking for a parachute. You should be in the low to mid 150's. I like my stroud, doesn't hit hard and easy to pack versus others.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts