Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I decided to go to the track today with the extra ballast out of the car and see what she'd do. I have to run an extra 150 lbs of dead weight in the car for NMRA F/S racing. I got the car down to around 3250 lbs. The air was much worse than I thought it would be, around 2200':( according to a reputable source. For my first run I set the drag radials at 11.5 lbs and the struts on full loose. Pulled up the the line next to Chuck Simons of NMRA Hot Street fame (850+ hp N/A small block ford). We lanched and I looked to my right only to see his front wheels at roof level. After about three wheelstands he got out of it but not before I lost my concentration hoping he wouldn't come in to my lane. I'm not sure what rpm I shifted at but the run was somewhat messed up.
60 ft 1.678
1/8 7.754
mph 89.86
1/4 12.094
mph 112.95

For my next pass I didn't change anything but I was a little rushed cause the rain was coming. The car wasn't as cool as I would like it but I dind't have time to wait. I launched around 5500 and the car hooked well.
60 ft 1.636
1/8 7.603
mph 90.62
1/4 11.932
mph 111.19 (hit the rev limiter:eek:)

Around the 1200' mark the shift light started blinking and the car layed down. I actually hit the rev limiter on this pass. Probably would have been at least 114 mph. I got repremanded for not having a rollbar, oh well.

Very happy. I would love to get back to the east coast in some good air and see what it would run. I'm thinking at least in the mid 11.70's. At least I finally got that 11 second monkey of my back.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Awesome times man! Your car looks alot like Bob's. Most everything here running 11s has a blower or NOS, so you rock.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
:eek: Congrats man, Nice pass!!! Your car looks great by the way, very nice ride! ;)

·
Corral Charter Member
2,018 Posts
All right Ian! Bout damn time buddy! What track was it? I can look up the actual DA and let you know.

Congrats man!
Bob

·
Registered
137 Posts
:eek: Way to go Ian! Bob and Rich: Yes it was at Edgewater. See you at work Monday Ian. I'll widen the door so you can get that over size head in the building. LOL

Tim:evil:

·
Corral Charter Member
2,018 Posts
Cool. Here is the weather breakdown by hour...read temp/humidity/baro/DA:

7 pm: 70/64/29.58/1327
8 pm: 70/60/29.58/1313
9 pm: 68/64/29.58/1185
10 pm: 66/73/29.61/1036
11 pm: 64/77/29.61/907

Source: http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KCVG/2002/4/12/DailyHistory.html

Covington, KY is the closest reporting airport to Cleve, Ohio (about 15 miles as the crow flies). Edgewater is 482 ft above sea level.

Calculator

Guess I'm gonna have to get off my butt or I'm gonna get passed....again....LOL.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks guys. I guess Jim Gilbert needs to calibrate his guage. I didn't think the air was that bad. He said it was around 2200 ft. I think 1200' is a little closer although I would think the humidity would have been worse since it was spitting rain on and off

Tim L,
the chip is tha same as Wesley gave it too me. I'm wondering about whether or not he adjusted the rev limiter. I thought he set it at 7300 but if he did I wouldn't have hit it on that pass. I might have him look at it in Columbus.

Boss 330,
I ended up pulling about 230 lbs out of the car with the ballast and seats removed. I wanted to be sure to get that 11. I have run a best of 12.15 @ 110.8 mph at 3465lbs.

·
Registered
420 Posts
beefcake said:
awesome ian!

that makes you the 2nd only true bolt on stang to run 11's right?

you and bob need to have an east coast shootout ;)
I doubt he's only the second. Theres a few guys with 99+ cobras where I live running 11's with only bolt ons?? In fact, one just ran a 11.82 with basically the same mods as the other guy- great for a totally bolt-on cobra:) He sig reduced the weight and runs 4.56's as well.

I also know a guy with a 01 GT, 4.56 gears, dr. gas xpipe, cold air intake, autologic chip, magnaflow exhaust, longtubes, underdrives, pro 5.0 shifter and tons of suspension mods running 12.6's on 15" et streets- not bad for a NA GT. I think he said it weighs 3240lbs or so.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
HIPSI, Congrats again. I was just wondering, what kind of power are you putting down?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
01blown4.6 said:

I doubt he's only the second. Theres a few guys with 99+ cobras where I live running 11's with only bolt ons?? In fact, one just ran a 11.82 with basically the same mods as the other guy- great for a totally bolt-on cobra:) He sig reduced the weight and runs 4.56's as well.

I also know a guy with a 01 GT, 4.56 gears, dr. gas xpipe, cold air intake, autologic chip, magnaflow exhaust, longtubes, underdrives, pro 5.0 shifter and tons of suspension mods running 12.6's on 15" et streets- not bad for a NA GT. I think he said it weighs 3240lbs or so.
Awesome times that must have felt good, I know the first time I hit 12's was awesome. Can't wait for my 11sec slip this year:)

I have asked you twice now about your uncles Saleen E281 that you claimed he had. Can you give us some specifics(price, color, times, pics, etc) or is it more of your BS like the guy with the 11sec NA Cobra where you live.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts