Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went to the final wednesday of the season. Only changes from last week were shift points (thanks Troy) and better conditions. DA was 2135 with a light tailwind. As most know, I've been chasing that 10 second pass with this NA 306 for eight years, and I'd like to thank all who have helped me, especially Bill and Al Klein.

10.952 @ 122.38
1.483 sixty foot
6.940 in the 1/8 @ 98.01

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Congrats on gettin' that 10 sec slip!"

Thanks Ryan. :salute:

·
Registered
144 Posts
very impressive!!

·
PMS Tuning Forum Moderator
3,478 Posts
Nice job Mark glad to see you get it done before the season ended!

What shift point(s) did you try or end up using?

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys! Troy, I lowered the 1-2 shift point 200 rpm and the car picked up, so I made a pass with both the 1-2 and 2-3 shift points 200 rpm lower.

·
PMS Tuning Forum Moderator
3,478 Posts
Yea my 1-2 shift is lower than my 2-3 shift. I shift 1-2 at 7000 and 2-3 at 7200 rpms.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Congrats Mark, it has been a long time since we spoke. How did you drop .3 from the last time you went out? I went 10.88 at Fun Ford, so I finally passed the 10.95 that has plaqued me for 2 years. Congrats.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Congrats on the 10. Are there any more Test-n-Tunes this year at NRP? Or at least ones that are not taken up by door wars or outlaw street? Im not gonna miss the shorter track season. I just checked the local tracks schedule here and they have racing through the end of November.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
"Congrats Mark, it has been a long time since we spoke. How did you drop .3 from the last time you went out? I went 10.88 at Fun Ford, so I finally passed the 10.95 that has plaqued me for 2 years. Congrats."

Thanks Jimmy. I guess it has been awhile! The only changes were the holley intake and .430 gears. I also installed a new auburn, as it was doing the one wheel peel. I suppose I got my money's worth, as it had been in there since '98. The sm2/.430s were worth .3 total over my cobra, but it took the last four wednesday's and a track rental to figure out what it wanted for timing, fuel, shift points, etc. That 10.88 is excellent for funford. It's always hot and humid in july. Keep working with it, I'd be willing to bet you have quite a bit more there. Good to hear from you and keep in touch. By the way, I got a ride in BIG Jim's ac cobra. It turned out nice!

"Congrats on the 10. Are there any more Test-n-Tunes this year at NRP? Or at least ones that are not taken up by door wars or outlaw street? Im not gonna miss the shorter track season. I just checked the local tracks schedule here and they have racing through the end of November."

Thanks Brian! There is only one more friday test n tune. It's october 10th. Jeff's october track rental was scratched. Your lucky to be able to race longer! Keep in touch and let me know how it does with the C4.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
They canceled the CRT rental? Not enough cars? It really stinks that they aren't going to rent out the track anymore.

Brian

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
"They canceled the CRT rental? Not enough cars? It really stinks that they aren't going to rent out the track anymore."

Yeah, Steve told me last wednesday when I saw him at nrp. I still have to call Jeff to verify. I'm not really sure why. All of his rentals were cancelled this year except one. I know what you mean about the rentals going away next year. Craig was over last thursday to look at the car and discuss building me a cage. :eek: Can you believe that?? lol That's how desperate I am to run my car. I've always said I wouldn't do it, but now I have no choice unless I start all over with another car. :idunno:

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
"They canceled the CRT rental? Not enough cars? It really stinks that they aren't going to rent out the track anymore."

Yeah, Steve told me last wednesday when I saw him at nrp. I still have to call Jeff to verify. I'm not really sure why. All of his rentals were cancelled this year except one. I know what you mean about the rentals going away next year. Craig was over last thursday to look at the car and discuss building me a cage. :eek: Can you believe that?? lol That's how desperate I am to run my car. I've always said I wouldn't do it, but now I have no choice unless I start all over with another car. :idunno:
I just saw this Mark, and congrats man !!! and you talking about the cage made me laugh.....thought i'd never here you say that.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Thought I replied to this lol.. Umm like i said before gotta love the ole school carbs, congrats!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts