Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to GLD Monday. The car has been down for almost 2 years getting the cage, suspension, safety equipment and custom turbo kit. But it was worth it. Every thing worked great. The turbo kit was solid and there were no issues with it at all. Shaun and Anthony did a great job on the kit.

The goal for the day was to run the car in full street trim, 93 octane tune (low boost & timing) and make sure the car went strait. Track prep was ok but we have some suspension tuning to do. Launching hard was not working. We had to leave soft and start with adjusting the anti roll bar for now.

First pass we didn't have the anti roll bar links on. It left good and hooked well. I could feel body lean when I launched. The second pass was just a shock adjustment and it also had body lean and spun about 60 feet out and moved out of the grove. We decided hooking up the anti roll bar would be a good idea. haha Now launching with no body lean we tried to launch harder with more RPM and boost. Wasn't happening. More tuning needed. We backed the RPM down and was rewarded with the best pass of the day. 9.92 @ 136 with a 1.48 60'. Not bad for full street trim, low power and 17" rims and drag radials.

This thing should fly when I can leave hard and run 15# more boost and add timing. :joy:

Some pics my buddy took. More later from the track photographer when they are done. He has some with both wheels off the ground. Video will be up tomorrow hopefully.

First pass with no anti roll bar

Now with the anti roll bar adjusted

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks.

And look through my windshield, you will see his red light. haha

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
great numbers 331merc

what tranny is that an auto or stick?

what exactly is "low power"?

again, great numbers

paul k

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks.

The trans is a AOD with a lot of 4R70W parts, 300m input shaft, Lentech VB w/ trans brake and a UCC 10" turbo converter.

The car was on the dyno for a base tune. It was a non load dyno so the numbers are are not very accurate. I don't remember exactly but around 18# it made some thing like 500hp. That was the closest dyno number to the boost I was running at the track. Again, the dyno numbers are not any thing to look into. They will look very low for what the car did and will run. And this thing is heavy. The scale at the track was not operational Monday. But I bet the weight w/ driver is well over 3700#. It is heavy! haha

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Authorized corral.net Advertiser
3,684 Posts
wow

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys.

You said that thing should fly...what do you mean? LOL. That thing is flying. Awesome run, and awesome car. Great to see a Capri on the boards.
Thanks. But we have more boost to throw at it. And Mr. Kurgan has not even had a chance to work his magic yet. I am sure his tuning alone would cut the ET.

The first car I bought in high school was a 83 Capri. So when I came across this 86 I had to have it. lol Looks like you have a nice example yourself.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ooops

·
Authorized corral.net Advertiser
3,684 Posts
this delorean wanna-be will run low 9s with a/c and drag radials in the near future!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It better the 19th!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
didnt you have this in a fairmont wagon for a little while? what happened to that?

maybe it was someone else...

nice passes

1 - 20 of 35 Posts