Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
CAr has been a project for some time now. Info on the car can be seen here - http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=992432 For some good pictures of the car, go to page #3 starting at post #101.

Well, after all the frustration, it seems to finally be going in the right direction. For the first time to the track with this new combo, I'm pretty happy because I know there's a lot more still in it. But, at least we've got a good baseline to start working from.

Here's the timeslip (I'm framing it)

60ft. -----------1.46
330ft. --------- 4.00
1/8 mile - ------6.125
1/8 MPH ------ 115.43
1000ft. -------- 7.96
1000ft. MPH --- 131.96
1/4 mile ET -----9.54
1/4 MPH ------- 144.33

Car was really rich all the way through third gear (that's when I was able to actually glance at the A/F guage)... I saw 10.3 a/f on the gauge all the way through third to the end of the run. So, I know there is power to be had in just leaning it up a bit.

Car would only leave with 7-8lbs of boost on the transbrake and two-step. Converter is awesome, but a bit tight downstairs. We're already plannning how we will raise the boost pressure on the line. If I can get out of the gate with about 15lbs. I know the car will be knocking on low-9s.

Again, big thanks to Sean @ C.A.R.S. in Waterford, MI, as well as my buddy Greg (gpowrie). Both of these guys have helped me a ton!

qikazz

·
Registered
286 Posts
Congratulations on your trip to the 9's. You just said hell with it and skipped the high 9's. Awsome looking car.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Congrats on the 9's... were you at the Milan Event yesterday (1320X)? I was out there too... I found the track to be hooking great yesterday.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Congrats on the 9's... were you at the Milan Event yesterday (1320X)? I was out there too... I found the track to be hooking great yesterday.
Yes, I was there. I was with a local car club you should check out, if you don't know about it already. Alot of cool guys and some really fast cars - www.motownmuscle.com

·
Corral Charter Member
4,633 Posts
Nice job man, that combo's definitely got a lot left. :)

I'm hoping to get back to the track with mine, once summer is over (too damn hot and miserable) and finish my license passes.

Was that 60' run with a footbrake launch???

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Congrats getting into the 9's...I'm hoping to get my coupe into the 9's soon also.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Congratulation on the mid 9 sec. times! Very Nice Car! What size stall are you using with this combo?
Its a 10.5inch converter that is pretty tight. On the transbrake it will stall to about 3500 right now. Driving around town it feels like a stock converter.

qikazz

1 - 8 of 8 Posts