Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I got everything done. 89 coupe, tubular k, a arms and coilovers Rear has UPR single adjustable lowers and baseline pro launch uppers, 3.73 gear and a new ford racing 31 spline tracloc. Steeda driveshaft spacer, aluminum driveshaft, a C 4 built by broader performance. Stock block 347 with 170 trickflow heads, lunati 51025 cam, vic jr intake, C&S blowthru carb and a D1SC making 12 psi. I have the distributer locked out and set to 28 total and am pulling 12 under boost Also solid trans and motor mounts. I've never plotted the suspension, but car launches pretty well.

Also it has all the interior and working ac lol

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3.75 and 8 inch I believe. I think I can get some more time off my et by tweaking some stuff. I'd like to see low 6 or maybe a high 5. I don't know if that's out of reach.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's making 458 rwhp so ya I'm pushing it, but not as hard as most. It's plenty fat and very little timing, and I shift at 5800 so I'm hoping it lives awhile. If it makes it to November I'll buy a dart block and swap it all over. As far as video, yes but it won't upload to photobucket for whatever reason

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Been doing a little tweaking on stuff, best so far is 1.45 60ft, 6.57 @ 103.45. Getting an anti roll bar and going to see if I can drop anymore.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Very impressive....... Congrats

Could I ask why your running solid mounts on engine and tranny ? Eventually something is going to give.....

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very impressive....... Congrats

Could I ask why your running solid mounts on engine and tranny ? Eventually something is going to give.....
Because the trans crossmember still has rubber bushings to the body mounts. I've never had any issues with my other fox bodies that made more power running them this way.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Thanks, good to know.....

I always thought that a car that 60's as well as yours would have quite a bit flex in the body. And solid mounting the motor and tranny would take ALOT of that energy. Even with the rubber bushings in the cross member.

It's obviously working very well for you, congrats again.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Nice job - what's the weight?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice job - what's the weight?

Not really sure, it's a full interior including rear seat, all the ac stuff is there and works, not to mention the spare and jack are still in the trunk. Lol

Only thing that's missing is the front bumper which I didn't know until I pulled the front end off to mount the intercooler.

Installed my anti roll bar Saturday hopefully that will knock a tenth or so off the ET. I'd like to get to 6.40, which if you look on a 1/4 to 1/8th conversion would be a 9.98. All on a daily driven car.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
New best after anti roll bar. 1.47 60 ft, 6.53 @ 104.8 mph. Ordered some stiffer front springs and some afco double adjustable shocks and will see what that does.

Edited because I'm dumb

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
LOL... I only caught that because we run similar times:

It seems we're both running comparable to our power/weight. I've got a glide/365 sbf/2.3 Whipple making ~14 psi/3400 lbs. I've also got TW 170 heads, hand ported out to ~185 cc's (flowed at 292 intake), etc, etc. Pull out the passenger seat and rear seat and see what it can do. You're teetering on the 9 second edge... if you can't add more power (I know you've got a stock block), run less weight.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts