Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sup guy's I been down at Englishtown raceway park the past few weekends, driving the car like I stole it of course lol. And finally brought a camera this time and had a friend tape it for me. I run [email protected] all the time but this was my best 60ft 1.59 it felt great got the front left tire about 6 inches off the ground and the right about an inch. Hay it's a start I only have 375whp and only pop the clutch at 2700rpms on drag radials. Thought I would share the video with ya keep an eye under the car on the driver side tire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyoSGxrx1UA

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nice run but car didnt come up like you thought...
I never expected it to come up at all, so I was happy with the few inches it did.

·
Registered
7,142 Posts
Put some more RPM in it, and hold it steady, let it rip. You bogged quite a bit.

I let mine go at 5800 RPM and this is what I get.....

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
nice man..... with a 5500 launch car should go a little better

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it just spins anything over 3000rpms my tires are over a year old and they only stick at low rpms. But when I buy a new set in 2 weeks I'll do a 5000rpm launch :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Put some more RPM in it, and hold it steady, let it rip. You bogged quite a bit.

I let mine go at 5800 RPM and this is what I get.....

Nice pic, now that looks good :salute:

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
it just spins anything over 3000rpms my tires are over a year old and they only stick at low rpms. But when I buy a new set in 2 weeks I'll do a 5000rpm launch :)

nice .. same combo as me and your car seam to be a litle quicker :confused:

·
Registered
590 Posts
what rear ( axles etc) i ran my 86 gt ran 12.0's launching @ 1,500-2k everyone said 5k or more ( hmmmmmmmmmmm next time i guess its time either to break on the line or hold the hell on :) for a nice launch
let me know when your heading back to etown
1986 Mustang GT , 5k on the motor 347 stroker kit from dss, trickflow heads stage 2 , trick flow upper and lower , BBK 70mm Tb , 30 lbs injectors, Mac long tube headers , xgas xpipe , 2 i/2 cat back , 5 speed Tremic trans , w/ Bullet proof bell housing , aluminum driveshaft , SVO cover , 4;10 gears , 31 spline axles ,BBK sub frames , SSM lift bars and uppers Solid motor mounts , tri ax shifter , msd 6Al box ,autolite shift light , BF Goodrich Drag radials, Fuel Pressure Regulators and fuel guage

·
Registered
65 Posts
congrats man. same went for me the first couple of times at etown till they started realizing I had no cage. I'll be back once I have one installed though.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what rear ( axles etc) i ran my 86 gt ran 12.0's launching @ 1,500-2k everyone said 5k or more ( hmmmmmmmmmmm next time i guess its time either to break on the line or hold the hell on :) for a nice launch
let me know when your heading back to etown
1986 Mustang GT , 5k on the motor 347 stroker kit from dss, trickflow heads stage 2 , trick flow upper and lower , BBK 70mm Tb , 30 lbs injectors, Mac long tube headers , xgas xpipe , 2 i/2 cat back , 5 speed Tremic trans , w/ Bullet proof bell housing , aluminum driveshaft , SVO cover , 4;10 gears , 31 spline axles ,BBK sub frames , SSM lift bars and uppers Solid motor mounts , tri ax shifter , msd 6Al box ,autolite shift light , BF Goodrich Drag radials, Fuel Pressure Regulators and fuel guage
3.73 rear gears, 31 spline axles,eaton posi diff. t/a cover, alunm. driveshaft,flywheel,balancer,pullys,wheels. I try to keep the rotating mass down and you can feel how much faster it revs.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nice .. same combo as me and your car seam to be a litle quicker :confused:
hey what's up man, yeah we talked a few times. Whats your car runing now et and mph? I'll be back at e-town soon I'm building a mustang for a kid over the next to weeks so after i finish that.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
this was my old 347 set up with a 150 shot coming off the clutch at about 4k with 3.73 gears 26/10 slicks

very nice I'm all N/A with only 375hp at the wheels and only poped the clutch around 2700rpms on beat drag radials, so I'd love to do a 5000rpm launch on 26x11.5 et drags :)

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
hey what's up man, yeah we talked a few times. Whats your car runing now et and mph? I'll be back at e-town soon I'm building a mustang for a kid over the next to weeks so after i finish that.

i went to the track on the 7/25 was a hot day car ran 12.04 @ 114 launching at 5500rpm with a 1.61 60'
made 353rwhp / 360 ft tq after it was tuned .

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Where are you shifting your car? Sounds like your timing way to low or your fuel aint right. If you are shifting before 6600 you probally shifting to soon. I shift around 7500 with my C-4!! If you have 4.10s have you tried 28 inch tall tire yet? It adds 1 mph to me in the 1/8th mile.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Where are you shifting your car? Sounds like your timing way to low or your fuel aint right. If you are shifting before 6600 you probally shifting to soon. I shift around 7500 with my C-4!! If you have 4.10s have you tried 28 inch tall tire yet? It adds 1 mph to me in the 1/8th mile.
3.73 gears I shift at 6400rpms, it was 82 degrees outside and my car is still untuned bone stock ECU. I have a svo extender now I'm gona tune it with and get timing and fuel pressure a littlt closer, it's rich right now. and it's a 5 speed

·
Registered
221 Posts
my car is un tuned as well, off nitrouse my car only made 385/412 still cut a 1.50 60foot, but heck yea pulling a wheel on worn drag radials is doing somthing congrats for ya.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts