Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, at least it is not in jackstands :rofl:

my setup: stock 5.0 + mpt70 .68 hotside, 42lb/hr injectors, aeromotive fpr, pmas protube, tial 44mm wastegate, tial 50mm bov, 255lph fp, stock a9l...

my new problem: 8.5+/- afr on an innovate wideband.. :eek:.. (no matter if i put the fpr at 40psi or 60psi)...

i have autolite 24 gapped at .028-.030...

what do you think it could be??? any help???.. it was so fun for about 4 months... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i don't think so, when it reads high 11 low 12s, it idles ok.. made 410whp at 12psi, when the wideband reads 8s, the idle is erratic and smoke comes out of the exhaust.. even gasoline leaks from the vbands of the crossover tube :(

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
if there are no leaks your meter is off and is going to require tuning to the mass air transfer function via chip or?
i tuned my friends hellion car with a protube using sct software and it was off by nearly 25% across the board.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that's right.. idled at high 11 low 12 afr.. and i could live with that, i even used it as my daily driver that way.. but now i start it, and it will idle just at 8s.. maybe low 9s, then 8s..

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
changed spark wires, just need to change # 3 & #4 because the downpipe is pretty tight to the exhaust, i also bought a clamp to make it easier to remove... hope one of them is the problem... i was thinking something electrical that goes to the MAF,

how much volts should the pins on the maf read?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey guys, maybe you can help or give me an idea...

when i start the car, the idle goes to 8.5+/- afr, but if i disconnect inyector #1, afr goes to 13+/-..

If i conect the inyector #1 conector to the inyector on cyl 2, it goes to 8.5, if i connect inyector #2 conector to the inyector on cyl 1, it idles fine, which tells me that inyector #1 isn't bad, because it is opening and closing with connector #2, but not with his connector, so i made two new lines from the ecu to the inyector, and the problem persist.. so not im lost.. what more could it be?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts