Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally going to JMS Feb 6th! I'm looking to put down around 450 to the tires with my combo below. If we can get the 93 octane tune nailed down fast, I was thinking of taking some 110 octane. Any comments on the mixture or what my numbers will be?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Funny, I was thinking of starting the same thread. Im going to see Mr. Kurgan on Friday. A TOTAL guess 475 to the wheels.

·
Authorized corral.net Advertiser
3,684 Posts
jay, you BETTER make 450.... and Von, we better make 500+ :)

·
3,684 Posts
yup, as long as there arent any rags in the tubing :)

btw, did you "fix" the problem we talked about?

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
450 is what I'm hoping for. Wish Kurgan was closer. Car right now is a blast to drive! 1-3rd blows the tires off and I can even spin 4th once I get up around 4k RPMS. DAMN ROCKET!

·
3,684 Posts
450 is what I'm hoping for. Wish Kurgan was closer. Car right now is a blast to drive! 1-3rd blows the tires off and I can even spin 4th once I get up around 4k RPMS. DAMN ROCKET!
ask them to make a pull once you get there too see what its doing... i would assume its high 300s since i have almost NO TIMING in there.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Results are in and I'm a tad bit dissapointed! I was really wanting 450 at the tires.

DYNOJET

93 octane made 414HP 481 TQ
18 1/2 deg timing

110 octane made 431HP 497 TQ
21 1/2 deg timing

We added 5 gallons of 110 to about 2 gallons of 93 ( needle was almost on empty) so maybe there is a tad more power to be made because of the weak 110 mixture. The guys at JMS explained the 67mm turbo is not efficeint at 9-10lbs and that it really wakes up with more boost 14lbs. What you guys think?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Results are in and I'm a tad bit dissapointed! I was really wanting 450 at the tires.

DYNOJET

We added 5 gallons of 110 to about 2 gallons of 93 ( needle was almost on empty) so maybe there is a tad more power to be made because of the weak 110 mixture. The guys at JMS explained the 67mm turbo is not efficeint at 9-10lbs and that it really wakes up with more boost 14lbs. What you guys think?
How much ignition timing was there for each of the tunes for the different fuels? At what rpm did the car make peak power? What were the A/F ratios? What exhaust is on the car? Chambered mufflers suck the life out of a turbo car. A picture of a graph is worth a 1000 words.

·
3,684 Posts

DYNOJET

did you make a pull with my FREE base tune?

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Cant post graph just yet. Car has Magnaflow catback, the graph they gave me does not have RPM? I will request some more graphs and post them up. What info should I request from my tuner so we can better analyze?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Cant post graph just yet. Car has Magnaflow catback, the graph they gave me does not have RPM? I will request some more graphs and post them up. What info should I request from my tuner so we can better analyze?
At least get the timing.

I have heard about turbos not in their efficiency range until higher boost. Don't know how true it is though.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Wow! 414HP 481 TQ? Maybe I'm a Noob but I would be happy with that. For awhile. Congrats on the numbers.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts