Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,681 Posts
I agree. The Hoosiers are 6lbs less per tire and less contact to the ground.
One other thing that you can try. Run the Hoosiers without the tubes. The tubes weigh 8 lbs a piece or so. I ran that 26x8.5 Hoosier without tubes for a couple of years with no issues. You may have to check your air pressures more often. I found that I lost a few psi when they sat for a week, which is no big deal, I always adjusted air pressure before each pass anyway.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Another question? Are you chip turned or just timing and fuel? If timing and fuel,what are your settings? I got a 00 explorer engine that was gave to me so I'm really thinking of going your route in my 86 coupe. I'm 2950lbs with me but I'm 235 so I need to loose a few pounds myself...lol. Thanks.
cobra intake is not ported. I wish I would have sent it to TMoss before I put it together.

it is tuned with Moates QuarterHorse and TunerPro. I learned a lot from Decipha and EFIDynoTuning
Total timing is 34 degrees

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
One other thing that you can try. Run the Hoosiers without the tubes. The tubes weigh 8 lbs a piece or so. I ran that 26x8.5 Hoosier without tubes for a couple of years with no issues. You may have to check your air pressures more often. I found that I lost a few psi when they sat for a week, which is no big deal, I always adjusted air pressure before each pass anyway.
No tubes here. I had MT 26x10 and they would leak over night. The Hoosiers seem to be holding air very well. But like you said I check tire pressure for each pass.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I chased the 11’s for quite a while myself. I have a lot of HP as my 122 mph shows, but I don’t have a drag suspension. I am trying to have both a fast car and a car that handles in the curves. I ran a string of 12.00s when I used to race in the true street class at Fun Ford events, but I haven’t been to a 1/4 mile track since the last time I blew my head gaskets several years ago. I was actually registered to run in a “Pinks All Out” event when I blew the gaskets testing at an 1/8 mile track with new tires. I will say those new Nitto drag radials brought my 1/8 mile time down by 3/10’s and the mph was up by 6mph, so I should have been solidly in the 11’s but never found out. 😕 Congrats on making it!

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
Congrats. That's a culmination of a lot of hard work and fortitude. I just cracked this barrier last night myself. I ran a 12.003, then hotlapped and got an 11.90, just like that. Didn't even have time to ck tire pressures. Then came back and did it again, and went an 11.87. So I can now say I own an 11 sec car. Lol.
Congrats again.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Rons95GT- Cutting that much time in the 8th should have put you deep in the 11s. Tires and suspension are very important and it sound like you found a good combo.

Mustangmichael- Congrats. My new goal is for a high 11.80 You jumped right there. What was your mph? 60, 330?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts