Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After 26 years of owning my GT, I was able to finally hit my goal of 10's. Living in AZ for the past 16 years, I made less than a handful of passes and just got frustrated. In my case traction was always the issue. Back in 2000 this car ran 11.30s in Pomona, CA with a much milder engine setup with a 5 speed. For some reason I could never duplicate it here. Swapping to a C4 definitely help in that category. She's definitely got more left in her, and with good track & weather conditions I think she can hit low 10's.

Here's the link;
https://youtu.be/ox92irRzioU

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
293 Posts
Wow.. great hole shot!! That thing really gets going quick!!

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Running 10's 26 years ago is different than running 10's today. I think you need to update your goals and look for the 9's now

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Novi, congrats, don't forget we had 2280' DA Friday night.
That car is moving.
Thanks! I think with good air she's got low 10's in her. Let me know the next time you head out!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Running 10's 26 years ago is different than running 10's today. I think you need to update your goals and look for the 9's now
Nah...10's is fine with me. Don't feel the need to get all the added safety stuff and license :)

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Took her out again last night but was only able to make one pass due to a blown header gasket. The two changes I made was tightening the blower belt and adding HEET to my meth setup. Because of the added heat she ran on the fat side with an A/F of 10.8 vs the previous 11.7. A whole point richer. Anyhow, She ran a [email protected] w/ a 1.73 60ft. I think she has low 10s I her with ideal conditions.

https://youtu.be/UQWLd2E3Pd8

·
Registered
269 Posts
Nice run! Must feel good to hit your goal. Do you feel like the Snow meth injection is working well for you? I'm considering it for my new setup.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice run! Must feel good to hit your goal. Do you feel like the Snow meth injection is working well for you? I'm considering it for my new setup.
Thanks man! I like the kit. It gives you that added cushion in a tune when running a boosted application.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts