Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys finally got my car done and going to the track this weekend its a 89 lx hatchback its got a 306 world product iron heads f cam 1.6 rockers gt40 upper and lower with 1inch spacer acufab 75mm tb 24lb injectors 255 pump it is an automatic lentec aod with a 3200 stall converter and it a 125 150 shot of nitrous have decided if I'm gonna spray it first time out or not I did do some suspenion parts over the winter 90/10 fronts 50/50 rears upper and lower rear control arms sub frame connectors and hardened wheel studs I'm gonna run a 28x10.5 et drags on weld slicks and skinnies what kinda times at pretty much full weight and what pressure should I run the slicks at any help would be great thanks in advance chris

Sent from my SPH-D700 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh yea sorry it had equal shorty headers catless h pipe and dynomax race bullet mufflers and 3.73 gears

·
Registered
541 Posts
Ok, what did it run ? Its great that you are out there racing instead of sitting in the stands. Did you have fun ? Don't worry about what it ran the first with a bunch of changes , your times will drop as you learn to drive the car.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The end of last season I went to the track with. Stick that was hurt on old drag radials with stock suspenion on motor and the car went 13.9 spinning so I'm hoping for mid to low 13s on motor

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea I'm hoping for 13s if it goes better then great if not then it'll be a shake down day haven't decided if I'm even gonna spray it yt

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Mine went 12.7 on motor with similar setup but my car isnt full weight.
11.7 on a 150 shot
And I don't run slicks
Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What did yours weigh mine is like 3200 with me in it when it had 17s on it

·
Registered
26 Posts
Should be easy 12's if you are not 3000+ feet above sea level. That setup is good minus GT40 intake. Should have a nice trick flow or holly systemax.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I had a similar combo. Your's should be good for 13.00 on motor. but your tire is too big unless your car go's over 120mph on nitrous in the 1/4 the 28" is too big. With 3.73 gears, aod and a 26" slick you can go 120mph+ in the 1/4 if you have enough power.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea the gt40 came on the car so I'm using it and I'm going epping nh and a few people toldme id run out of gear with 26s

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I had a GT40 tubular before I switched to the BBK SSI intake. picked up about 1 tenth and a huge headache.
I had 4.10s and ran out of gear with 28s(MT 275/60s) but the E cam doesnt pull as far as the F
you should be able to get in the 12s and mid 11s on spray

·
Registered
477 Posts
I would think you should run high 12s without much trouble. If not in the 12s you should be darn close to em. I ran 13.57 with the stock long block, stock stall, bolt-ons and some minor weight reduction, with heavy ass street rims and tires.

Good luck and have fun!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yea at this point I'm just happy to have it back up and running waiting to hear back on my dyno appointment before I go wanna mak sure everything is safe the guy is gonna try to squeeze me in Friday morning but not a def on it so I might have to wait till the following weekend which I'm not happy about but gives me time to work out any problems if they come up and I'm trying to get my hands on a trick flow r intake but haven't found a good enough deal yet since I'm thinking of going 351 if and when the 306 goes

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for everyones input but ill be waiting another week or two to go to the track couldn't get on the dyno today won't beable to get on till Thursday don't wanna run the risk of leaning out and hurting the motor just gives me time to drop some weight thinking of taking both sway bars bumper suports and sound dentiner out while I have time

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Went to the track yesterday finally everything felt great went up did my burn out went to leave the line and the car bogged down hard and ran a 16 startin to think the 28x 10.5s are to big to run on motor with 3.73s think I'm gonna have to swap to 4.10s never got to spray it was running a test and tune at an event and only got one pass

1 - 20 of 24 Posts