Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally broke down and the the car certified to go 8.50 today. It took all of 4 min and $180.

Now I need to get the engine back in the car and try and go 9's to use it.

Nothing like getting bent over by the NHRA.

Tim

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its all a racket. I have to get my phy done in the next few weeks. I may have to borrow a car that will go 9's to get it. I am not sure I will be able to till good weather comes.

Tim

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
News to me. Will check into that.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
6.39 in the 1/8 is the cutoff for a license.

Also..the rule for getting your license per the rule book is you need one if you go quicker than 9.99 OR faster than 135mph. I got mine making several 10.0 runs at 136-137 since the track wasn't hooking for me. I had ran several 9.9's with low 1.4 60's....that day I could only cut high 1.4's low 1.5's....but still ran the mph needed. The track manager wasn't real happy that I didn't run a 9 second pass....but he did see me run 4-5 10.0's at over 135 so he signed off off on my license paperwork.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
They nailed me for $300 about a month ago.They had about a 50 mile drive so maybe that was why.After I had it done a friend said I could go out to the track early anf they'd do it for $75 :(

·
Registered
688 Posts
I just made my license pass this pass weekend. I just wrote a check for $228 a license and Super Gas comptetion number. NHRA is a rip off. My first half track pass I was told don't go faster than 9.99 and I went [email protected] on the brakes hard after that I just made really stuff runs. On my 2 full passes I found out that I need to raise the rev limter. I went [email protected] hitting the chip 200ft from the finish line.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts