Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went to capital tonight to try to get a better 1/4 time.

First run I got a 13.88 @ 104.xx w/ a 2.25 60'
Second run I got a 13.86 @ 103.xx w/ a 2.19 60'

So I was wonder what the hell was going on because I normally do better then this, so I took off my silencer and homemade ram air. And I loosened my front suspension as much as the koni adjustable would allow me to.

Third run I got a 13.71 @ 102.xx w/ a 2.09 60'
Fourth was my best run and new personal best, 13.49 @ 104.5x w/ a 2.01 60'
Fifth run I got a 13.52 @ 104.xx w/ a 2.06 60'

Man I'm siked!!!

I'll scan and post timeslips as soon as i can get to a scanner for all you non believers!

·
Registered
221 Posts
The UPR powerpipe/densecharger combo should help. I bet some LT's would, too. I saw you want some BFG DR's in your sig? Start saving for halfshafts =)

Larry

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LTrain said:
The UPR powerpipe/densecharger combo should help. I bet some LT's would, too. I saw you want some BFG DR's in your sig? Start saving for halfshafts =)

Larry
Believe me, I am saving up for the halfshafts. Does the UPR powerpipe/densecharger combo really make that much of a differance? I've heard mixed results. I know where I can get the densecharger, but where can I get a powerpipe?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Usually, something intake related gives you a better top end, that's all I know from experience. I personally wouldn't buy one, but good luck with whatever you decide.

Larry

·
Registered
52 Posts
Nice times, Iam trying to get my mph up ..

I guess my speed isn't too bad since iam carrying the extra weight of the vert.

I need to dyno my car to see my #'s

·
Registered
235 Posts
99BlackCobraVert said:
anyone have any suggestions of how i can increase my mph?
1. shift at red line
2. shift quicker
3. launch at highest rpm possible w/o losing too much traction.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
max said:

1. shift at red line
2. shift quicker
3. launch at highest rpm possible w/o losing too much traction.
I’ve been shifting at redline, about 6800 each time, and my shifting is pretty quick...but I could be wrong on that it just seems quick to me.

Now launching, it just isn't possible with my car. From the 5 runs I had, the first 2 were trying to launch at 3k then 2k, both with easing in the clutch, but I was just spinning all through first and most of second.

My best 60', 2.09, 2.01, and 2.06 came with me launching at idle where I just eased in the gas and didn't give it full throttle. Basically pressed the gas down till I felt it grab then slammed on it.

I did go to capital this time which is a ****ty track. I normally go to MIR in budds creek but they were closed for some event. But at MIR my trap speeds are usually around 105.x, never 103.x or 104.x which kind of makes me wonder what I would of run there if I got the 2.01 60' there.

·
Registered
523 Posts
99BlackCobraVert said:

I did go to capital this time which is a ****ty track. I normally go to MIR in budds creek but they were closed for some event.
wheres budds creek??

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
whoosh said:

wheres budds creek??
MIR = budds creek. Down by waldorf, aka more south. If you ever need directions let me know and I'll give them to you. this is the website: MIR Website . Pretty much every friday is midnight madness there. Gates open at 6 or so and you can race openly up to 10pm then bracket racing.

·
Registered
523 Posts
maybe someday ill go down there but Capital is like 15 minutes from here so i think ill deal with the sh*tty track. i havent been to the track yet anyways so ill need some practice before i can count on any really good times anyways

·
Registered
417 Posts
When are you heading back to budds creek? I'm in White Plains (closer to accokeek, really) and have never had my car there..

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
whoosh said:
maybe someday ill go down there but Capital is like 15 minutes from here so i think ill deal with the sh*tty track. i havent been to the track yet anyways so ill need some practice before i can count on any really good times anyways
Yeah I'm in College Park. Capital is only like 20 maybe 25min away from me. Budd's Creek is a good 1hour and 15min away from me but it's worth it. Plus I have a lot of friends down in Waldorf we we all usually head down there together. Let me know the next time you go to capital, I'll head down there also.

davidreed said:
When are you heading back to budds creek? I'm in White Plains (closer to accokeek, really) and have never had my car there..
I won't be able to go this weekend, but I will be going the week after that. I'll PM you when I'm going so we can meet up down there next time.

missouri_guy1973 said:
Get those sticky tires on the back and you'll have some really low 12's!
I would love to put d/r on my car but I can't. Since I have the 99 Cobra I have the IRS in the back and I have no plans to switch to a live axle. I will one day though once I can afford to get the GKN stage 3 halfshafts. But first I'm gonna chance my entire exhuast system with some hooker long tubes, dr. gax X pipe and fr500 catback. Then I'm gonna get the UPR powerpipe and densecharger cold air kit. We'll see where I'm at, at the end of summer.

·
Registered
69 Posts
99BlackCobraVert said:

Yeah I'm in College Park. Capital is only like 20 maybe 25min away from me. Budd's Creek is a good 1hour and 15min away from me but it's worth it. Plus I have a lot of friends down in Waldorf we we all usually head down there together. Let me know the next time you go to capital, I'll head down there also.

I won't be able to go this weekend, but I will be going the week after that. I'll PM you when I'm going so we can meet up down there next time.

I would love to put d/r on my car but I can't. Since I have the 99 Cobra I have the IRS in the back and I have no plans to switch to a live axle. I will one day though once I can afford to get the GKN stage 3 halfshafts. But first I'm gonna chance my entire exhuast system with some hooker long tubes, dr. gax X pipe and fr500 catback. Then I'm gonna get the UPR powerpipe and densecharger cold air kit. We'll see where I'm at, at the end of summer.
Send me a pm too, It would be fun to meet up with you guys. I need to run at a decent track for once.
Gavin

·
Registered
523 Posts
will do, it will probably be after i get the n20 hooked up

1 - 18 of 18 Posts