Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been 2.5yrs...finally back up. Swapped power plants and I couldn't be happier.
Stock unknown high mile LSX 6.0 truck motor
Stock block, crank, rods, pistons, heads, rockers, intake, tb, and exh manifolds. I put a cam/springs, head studs, new gaskets and head studs on this motor. Still has the stock rings/bearings and 100+k miles.
Sold my sbf highport heads and bought this entire motor, fig'd I'd give it a try.

Hopefully you guys don't get to pist at me, but I was after bang for the buck!

Twin Garrett 67s with p-trim wheels. 14psi and 17* total netted me 800+ rwhp/rwtq on a Mustang Dyno.
91 octane with 110 splashed in.
Powerglide trans

I know not a Ford motor, use to be a regular here so I fig'd I'd share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BplumeyLUI

C'mon 9.11et goal for Jenna!

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Doesn't bother me one bit! Glad to see you're back and making some great power!
What computer are you using to control it all?

ks

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Kevin, and I'm using the Holley HP EFI.

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Gilroy appr that bud, REALLY wanted to do a Yote...just came down to budjet for me since this is purpose built car.

It's fun trying something new also, atleast for me.

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I hear yah, I dreamed of it for a few months then realized not in the cards :(

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Congrats, thats unbelievable power for a factory power plant. Best of luck with it.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
how do you like the hp efi...im gonna be ordering one within the the next week or so

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Great numbers. Can't wait to see what the track numbers are. Go get em.

·
Formerly eades5.0
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
how do you like the hp efi...im gonna be ordering one within the the next week or so
Best efi I have had. Started with the AEM, then BS3 and now this. I only sold the BS3 as converting to COP was to much for the LSX swap.

The Holley is so user friendly, I was able to get the car running in no time by myself and I'm no tuner. I used the "LEARN" function and basically self tuned for the first month or so. When in "LEARN" this thing just changed the fuel map all by itself. It was crazy for me to see this. Got idle down, then did some driving at diff rpms and the thing was running fine.

Lots of options and priced well! Great system I highly recc

-CE

·
Registered
461 Posts
Im there with ya on wanting to try something new. I have a built 4r70w and a bone stock 70k mile 5.3l in my garage. Justdont know what way I want to go. 351w based build, keep the v6 and push it til it breaks, or sell everything ford power plant and drop in the sbe.

Congrats on the nymbers!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts