Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I swear if its not one thing its another lately.

Pulled the codes with KOEO test, nothing out of the ordinary. When I did the KOEO test all "clicking" sounded normal (the fan just didn't turn on), so I guess this means the relay is ok? I tried turning the engine on and turning the AC to max and the fan did not turn on then either. I can spin the fan by hand so I don't think it is siezed. Is there a simple way I can test it? Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,529 Posts
Unplug the fan then hot wire it to 12v. I forget which wires to use, you can figure it out either with a v/ohm meter or just try some combinations. If it comes on hot-wired, the CCRM (sits on top the overflow bottle with a multi-wire connector on it...) is bad-if not the fan is bad.

·
Registered
596 Posts
If you ran a self test and it still didn't come on you either have no power or the fan is bad. If the fuse is good you could also use a test light/voltmeter on the wires coming in to see if you have power coming in with key on.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was just the connector to the fan. After I took the fan off I grabbed some 12guage wire and hot wired it to the battery for a split second, and the fan spun. So then I looked at the connector to it and lo and behold that thing was corroded to hell. I can see why the fan wasn't getting any power. This is what I did (also in another post I made today):

I fiddled with some sand paper, folding it and such to fit it in there and sanded the contacts. Afterwords got some rubbing alchohol on a q-tip and cleaned them well. I then put some dialectic grease on there and connected everything back up. Fan works! I guess it was just the corrosion. Whew...good thing I don't need a new fan, those things are expensive...hehe.
Thanks again :).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts