Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
The day I need a twin disc is the day I do an auto swap.

Do u really think u NEED it? I mean most of the big dogs run clutch dynamics and it holds great. Its rated at a "conservative 625ft/lb tq"...For $1100....screw that. I'm pretty sure clutch dynamics disc is good for atleast 800ft/lb from a single disc. Not sure if their disc will fit a newer stang but they work on the 79-04.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The day I need a twin disc is the day I do an auto swap.

Do u really think u NEED it? I mean most of the big dogs run clutch dynamics and it holds great. Its rated at a "conservative 625ft/lb tq"...For $1100....screw that. I'm pretty sure clutch dynamics disc is good for atleast 800ft/lb from a single disc. Not sure if their disc will fit a newer stang but they work on the 79-04.
Single disks can only hold so much on a 10.5 format, period. I can take a clutch rated to hold 600rwhp and put it in a Mustang with a curb weight of almost 4000lbs and 100 less rwhp and toast it in a few outings at the local drag strip.

Not to mention, a single disc designed to hold 800ft/lb torque is going to use a non-organic setup which means either chatter or more geared towards the track only.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Talk to clutch dynamics they make a twin setup as well that is about $600 that will most likely out perform the fidanza.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Dealing with Clutch Dynamics was one of the most miserable experiences I have ever had. I still have their almost-brand new POS clutch on the shelf in the garage. They will blame every other part on the car before admitting they f'd up, and still won't admit it. I gave up trying to deal with them to fix it. A forum search should bring up my thread about it.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info BadAss. I'll take a look at your thread.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
I just found my old thread, most of the pictures are gone, I will have to reload them but the story was the disc was incorrect for the pressure plate they sent. Never did make things right.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
I am using their disc with a spec stage 2 pressure plate. Mine has been able to handle my car. I will keep that in mind though, but if u do a search u are the only 1 I have heard bad about them. Hell he sent me a disc without payment. I sent him the MO a week later.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
You are right, I haven't seen anyone else with any complaints, figures that its just my good luck. I find it interesting that you are using their puck disc with a Spec 2 PP, I have the same pressure plate and may now try it with their disc. I have remained interested in seeing how their "staggered" puck design works. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Their disc looks way sweeter than the spec 1-3+ and it is working great...well until I put this t6 on..lol we shall see after that.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I am using their disc with a spec stage 2 pressure plate. Mine has been able to handle my car. I will keep that in mind though, but if u do a search u are the only 1 I have heard bad about them. Hell he sent me a disc without payment. I sent him the MO a week later.
Can I get a link to them, I have a old Spec stage 2+ I wore the disc out and might try that idea out on one of the other cars.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
If you are interested in their disc I have one brand new, just used for mock up but never was able to bolt it up with the pressure plate they sent.

·
Registered
259 Posts
If you are interested in their disc I have one brand new, just used for mock up but never was able to bolt it up with the pressure plate they sent.
PM me what you want for it.

Also I got the Mcleod RST in this week. Looks really nice, and is only 21.5 LBS compared to the new centerforce DF I had sitting here is 22 LBS.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts