Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully this post is not too sacrilegious. I have just purchased my 4th Mustang and it is destined to be a donor for a Factory Five kit car. The first three Mustangs are long gone (66,89,90), but this latest one is pretty nice. It's a 1992 LX Convertible with a whole host of bolt-ons and seems pretty well sorted. There are a number of smaller maintenance items I am working on as I plan to drive and enjoy it with the family for the next few years before it gets torn down for the kit.

I am getting a bit of deja-vu with each job I do on this car as the last one I owned was roughly 16 years ago. It seems I can still remember all the tricks. What is new is all of the EEC tuning options. I already have a wideband O2 on order and will likely be spending lots of time with the tuning crowd. I suspect there is at least 5-10% more power to be made on this car by optimizing the timing & fueling.

As to specs, the Mustang has lots of bolt-on goodness. GT40P, TFS Intake/Cam, Roller Rockers, 3.73, Steeda Shifter, Edelbrock TB, Pro-M Mass Air, FRP Headers, H-pipe, Flowmasters, 30lb Injectors, Drag Slicks, 31 Spline upgrade, etc, etc.

Attachments

·
Registered
350 Posts
14 years ago I bought a 92 LX hatch back and stripped it to build my FFR MKII.The car was a really nice car but it had hit the retainer rails on the expressway at 60mph.It was a mess on the drivers side. It made a great donor. Roger

1 - 2 of 2 Posts