Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I just bought a 92 coupe with a 347 and AFR 185's. It has no intake, no trans right now. Im wondering what I need as far as intake and fuel system. It will also be intercooled. Im not wanting to make any kind of stupid power or crazy fast et's just a fun little street car. I've already got a race car and I would like to keep this on pump gas and as street friendly as possible. Just looking for around 450hp give or take a lil.

Its going to be getting a on3 kit with MP67mm turbo, just wanting to push around 10#s and keep it safe as I can.

1. I can get a Edlebrock Performer with 70mm TB for cheap from a buddy. Will that be sufficient or will I need a Trackheat, systemax or something similar.

2. Will 42's, stock fuel lines and rails with a Walbro 255 or am I going to have to get a A1000, 60s, rails and new lines

3. ???? Am I way off base, any help would be appreciated ????

Pic of new street car

Racecar

·
Registered
89 Posts
Do your homework on On3 before you decide to buy anything from them. Lot of negative feedback lately about there kits and customer service.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'm pretty new to turobos and I've been told stock fuel will handle up to 5 also 42 injectors will be good

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
My 70mm ON3 kit on my 331 made 497 rwhp at 4.5psi and promptly split the block.

I don't think you'll need more than 5-6psi to make 500 rwhp with your combo. I did it with 42's and a single 255lph pump.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Ok and yes its a stock block. What do you think on the intake?
The Edelbrock Performer and 70mm TB will be fine as will your 67mm turbo. You will have no problem making more power than the block will handle.

The 347/331 strokers don't take as much abuse as the stock stroke 302/306's do before splitting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts