Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what the fastest pass is for a t5.

I am pretty sure its been covered before but searching on here and google hasn't come up with much.

I am not looking for a g-force or any other "dog ring, pro-shifted, straight cut" trick stuff, just a stock rebuild.

I have seen low 6.90s in the 1/8 with a world class t5 behind a turbo 2.3. Anyone else?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
7.29 @ 99
11.18 @ 129

With a stock 230,000 mile T-5 short shifting the car. With a hook and 6000 RPM shift points it should go alot faster, or shatter in a million pieces. Far from the fastest but pretty wild considering the hard life the tranny has endured.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
WOW!!! This is amazing (to me) for stock T5's.. I upgraded mine to the Z spec stuff from regular world class. I guess I'll be able to hold out for a little while before I go G-force if you guys are having this much luck with them.

·
Registered
967 Posts
My cousin has gone 10.50's with a 1.5x 60' on a stock T-5, he shifts @ 5800 rpm's though.

·
Registered
262 Posts
10.23 @ 136 WITH A 1.6 60'

531 rwhp
powershifting @ 6500rpm

pullied s-strim 331, afr 185's, 275 m.t's

stock t-5 let go about 3 weeks later after about 12-14 passess and some really hard street driving.

·
Registered
60 Posts
All of the above is pretty amazing considering stock T-5's blow apart on stock cars that are just street driven all the time.

Put slicks behind a T5 and it will not last.

·
Registered
954 Posts
10.23 @ 136 WITH A 1.6 60'

531 rwhp
powershifting @ 6500rpm

pullied s-strim 331, afr 185's, 275 m.t's

stock t-5 let go about 3 weeks later after about 12-14 passess and some really hard street driving.
:bs:

sorry man just hating a little :D

·
Registered
508 Posts
i blew mine up on the street, with street tires, 3.08s, and a stock motor with flowmasters :lol:

powershift into 3rd, boom.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Redrum - If I can steal the thread for a minute.....info on suspension setup? PM if you'd like.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
9.81 @140 with stock T-5
dang man!

what did it 60 and go through the 1/8 at?

those are some killer times guys. Seems like once you get into the 6.70-6.80 range in the 1/8 you are driving too hard to keep it alive :D

Either that or the puny case can't hold up.

Any tricks for keeping it alive?
I added a billet cluster support and billet dogbones . . . going to put Redline MTF in it.
Hopefully run somewhere around 6.80s at 100-105 with a junkyard 302 and a blow-thru turbo.
I really wanted to TIG aluminum plate inbetween the ribs on the outside of the case for strength but I figured it might tweak the case a little . . .

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
dang man!

what did it 60 and go through the 1/8 at?

those are some killer times guys. Seems like once you get into the 6.70-6.80 range in the 1/8 you are driving too hard to keep it alive :D

Either that or the puny case can't hold up.

Any tricks for keeping it alive?I added a billet cluster support and billet dogbones . . . going to put Redline MTF in it.
Hopefully run somewhere around 6.80s at 100-105 with a junkyard 302 and a blow-thru turbo.
I really wanted to TIG aluminum plate inbetween the ribs on the outside of the case for strength but I figured it might tweak the case a little . . .
I could not powershift my car. In Fact, I had a hard time shifting it at all. I don't know if it was the power level or the RPM's I spun it to, but I lost a lot of time shifting. Also, the clutch was slipping slightly, so maybe this saved the tranny. But, I guess it didn't slip much on the launch because I still managed a 1.31 sixty foot on the motor. I think the car would have ran
6.40's with a proshifted tranny!

I guess to make them live behind a lot of power...don't powershift. Also, my race weight was 2850 lbs. I think that plays a role also. James

1 - 20 of 24 Posts