1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
361 Posts
WOW nice run. Looks like you have a plate on the rear must be fun on the street.
Tech guy proly never thought you would run 9s I would of thought mid to hight 10s by the way the car sounds.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Was that a 1.38 60ft? :salute:....What tires are you using?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Was that a 1.38 60ft? :salute:....What tires are you using?
Yea 1.38...Last week I had a 1.34 but was having some other issues...this was after it rained and humid as crap.

I was running Mt stiffwall slicks

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Fantastic run. I am not a big fan of the KB for serious strip use, but you may change my mind. :)

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Very nice.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Wow very nice run and congrats. your car sounds amazing and different. what is your exhaust set up?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow very nice run and congrats. your car sounds amazing and different. what is your exhaust set up?
3" x-pipe with flowmaster 1 chambers...also have under the axle tailpipes.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
WOW nice run. Looks like you have a plate on the rear must be fun on the street.
Tech guy proly never thought you would run 9s I would of thought mid to hight 10s by the way the car sounds.
It's a true street car...full interior...heck my wife still drives it...last time I had it on the scales with the street lites and a 6point cage it was over 3600 with me in it.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fantastic run. I am not a big fan of the KB for serious strip use, but you may change my mind. :)
Thanks...I can tell you it ain't easy with a KB...it's been a 3 year battle...3 pistons...lost count of clutches when it was a stick...numerous converter/trans changes...cam timing...broken pulley's and it goes on and on. I would probably be in the 8's with a big turbo or centri:) but at least it finally did it.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
That is nice. I wish that I thought a 2200 would fit easier under my truck's hood. I have a new KB 2200 but I think I'll have more luck running pipes for a turbo.

I drove a friend's 03 Cobra with just a pulley change, that was fast for me. Keep that running strong, that's amazing.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Thanks...I can tell you it ain't easy with a KB...it's been a 3 year battle...3 pistons...lost count of clutches when it was a stick...numerous converter/trans changes...cam timing...broken pulley's and it goes on and on. I would probably be in the 8's with a big turbo or centri:) but at least it finally did it.

Sheesh, I broke 3 pistons (2 different episodes) and 1 clutch and I'm barely in the 11's :D

I was trying to tell a guy on ModularFords who was whining about wanting the 2.8L over his 2.6L that the 2.2L was more than enough for a street car, never mind an intercooled 2.6L. You'd be in the low 9's or 8's with an intercooled 2.8L - especially where you have the displacement for it- lol. :lol::hammer:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts