Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had been having problems with my AC for the past couple of weeks. One of the main problems was that my car would overheat when i had the AC on. I decided to put on an override switch as described on the sn95 website, hoping that it would cure my overheating problem, but the fan wouldn't turn on with the switch. (I have it connected the green purple wire on the CCRM, and the car is on.) I can hear the relay activate on the fan, but the fan won't turn on. I decided to see what actually happens under the hood as the AC is on, and it's stupid of me for not noticing earlier, but the fan doesn't turn on when the AC is on. This explains the overheating, but i don't understand why the fan works like normal, with the AC off, and doesn't work with it on. SUGGESTIONS?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Stock fan are two speeded fan, high & low, when jump the CCRM or turn the AC on you are turning on the High speed. When normal cond. is running at low speed. I guess you need an new fan motor. The one you have maybe is no good.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't know that the fan was two speeded. Maybe the fan is bad after all. I guess i'll check the plugs that give the fan power, and if that's allright, i guess it's off to buy a new fan.

Or i can continue to fry in the nice 110 degree Arizona heat.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Check the Corral tech articles. Find the one on do it yourself OBDI diagnostics. When you perform the proceedure for KOEO testing, one of the first things it does is check the two fans speeds. You can easily hear it kick on low and then high for a second or two. Now if the problem is intermittent, well......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts