Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found my cooling fan problems and it's not the CCRM or the fan itself. It's the plug that connects to the fan, the ground pin burnt right through the plastic housing, like there was arcing. Wiggling it turns the fan on&off, etc... Does anyone know where to get a replacement wire/plug? Or anyone know the part #? It's this thing:

It's the wire that connects the fan motor to a secondary plug (which connects to the CCRM). I asked the ford dealer today, and he got a new fan assembly, but the fan motor wire was not included and he had no idea what a CCRM was :rolleyes: ...
Worse case is I'm heading to the junk yard...
Thanks!
Cliff

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
The fan is the problem.

You will see for yourself.

I rewired the last 24" of those 3 wires after my connector crumbled and the new wires melted too.

You will see for yourself the stock fan pulls way more amperage than it should or than the wires will tolerate.

Hey, learn it the hard way or just give up on the fan; its bearings are shot. Search the archives if you want.

I installed a Mark VIII fan from HoustonPerformance.com ($149).

·
Registered
574 Posts
go back to your dealer on this, if it is the fan, it is recalled, I got a letter about it last summer. If your car is under 100,000 miles it shold still be free, and if they didn's send you a notification of the recall, they should give it to you for free anyways.
It kept melting and starting fires in some 'stangs.
hope this helps.
-matt

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
mayo302 said:
go back to your dealer on this, if it is the fan, it is recalled, I got a letter about it last summer. If your car is under 100,000 miles it shold still be free, and if they didn's send you a notification of the recall, they should give it to you for free anyways.
It kept melting and starting fires in some 'stangs.
hope this helps.
-matt
2 problems, I, for one, am past 100k.

second, the dealer fix is to put a circuit breaker in line of the 3 fan wires to disconnect the fan when it draws too much amperage, like, say when it needs to cool the friggin car??

Gimme a break. Find a dealer that will give you a free replacement fan and I will buy a new car from him. Perhaps just a phone call about how unusual his dealership is with the CCRM recall.

·
Registered
574 Posts
damn, I didn't know that about the breaker going in. I thought all they did was change out the fan if the bearings were bad. Maybe I shouldn's have taken mine in.:(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts