Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been a while since I installed the pnp2 on my 88 mustang, I really don't remember much about it. Does this system utilize the factory air charge temp sensor and coolant temp sensor?

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Its been a while since I installed the pnp2 on my 88 mustang, I really don't remember much about it. Does this system utilize the factory air charge temp sensor and coolant temp sensor?
Yes. It can use any thermistor suitable for 3-point calibration and the Ford sensors are. With a PNP the calibration should already be set unless you changed it or wrote a new tune where it's different.

The calibration is done under tools->calibrate thermistor tables.

How it works; physically inside the megasquirt there is a bias resistor, with a PNP2 I assume it's the standard value.

Calibration settings then are:
Bias resistor value 2490
33F = 94000
123F = 11000
208F = 2370

Taken from this page.
https://www.diyautotune.com/support/tech/install/ford/megasquirt-your-mustang-5-0/

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I was just thinking about replacing the sensors with new ones to be sure they're working properly but wasn't sure if the megasquirt even used them.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Thanks, I was just thinking about replacing the sensors with new ones to be sure they're working properly but wasn't sure if the megasquirt even used them.
Won't work without them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The sensor setting in the PNP are set to stock sensor calibration. My ECT was a parts store replacement and was way off. I had to change the calibration settings to match that sensor. It was showing 60 degrees higher than actual temp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts