Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally decided to faceplate my tremec, looking at doing just 3rd and 4th since i drive the car on the street and miss third 3 out of 5 passes a night at the track.has anyone else done this? i see most people do 2nd,3rd and 4th

·
Registered
746 Posts
I have one thats 2 3 and 4 and I LOVE(D) it. Depending on your power justifies the money or not. If your in or pushing the 10s it wont last (from what Ive heard and my experience). I have nothing bad to say about mine other than I heard ALOT of "I told ya so"s after mine broke. 11s or slower...absolutely you will love it. Its a little annoying on the street but the smoothest tranny I ever felt on the track

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
i have a faceplated g-force and another buddy of mine will post on here about his. We both drive ours on the street and NO problems at all with them. Once you have this done, you'll love it and not worry about missing gears...I PROMISE

·
Registered
1,733 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
i sent my 3550 to paul at liberty.....AWESOME. i believe it cost me about 1100, but thats with all the bells and whistles.

call him, you wont regret it.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I have an MMR 750 and want to run a 9.9x with my new 363... but honestly, I have no faith in it... I have no reason so far not to trust it, but it still has syncros.

So can I faceplate this trans too?? can you downshift them on the street, what is the cost to have is done?? Can someone do it them selves??

Chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts