Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a bit confused and i'd like to know your thought on it. I've bought a used f1r (cog set up) not install yet and now I have someone I know selling a d1sc (12 rib) with the air to air intercooler. I know the f1r is a bigger blower and can make more power but also produce more heat, I was going to run it with a water to air.
The car will be a street / strip car but more strip oriented that could drive on the street 馃槂
Engine is a 343 ( 3.25 stroke )
What would you pick and why ?

Registered
TaraFirma - oh boy, here's the generic list lol. MMR stroker 5.0 900S shortblock, MHS STG3 heads, HP292S cams, typhoon intake, 78mm T/B, long tubes, x-pipe, Tremec HD600, Mcload RXT twin disk clutch, 31 spline axles, Powertrax locker, 4:10's switching to 3:55 though, twin Aeromotive 340 lph pumps return system, 80 lb injectors, complete aeromotive fuel system, D1-SC, shooting for 20 psi. 6.8 lower crank pulley, have a 3.2 S/C pulley, thinking of getting a 3.0 before tune. stg 2 intercooler, Snow stg2 water/meth, Anyway that's the general breakdown. Also thinking of sending S/C pulley off to have CARBINITE coating put on. Been doing a lot of reading on that. Seems real legit. Hoping to get around 700 out of the set up.

Registered
Just curious, any info on your combo ? ?
Sure. 408w forged and neutral balanced internals, OEM block, ARP studs throughout, 208cc Canfield Heads, Super Vic intake, 90mm TB, Holley EFI, Coil on Plug, pump gas.... ETC.

Plan is to keep it under 6500rpms and hope for 675hp to the tire. If that gets boring, I'll buy a dart block and turn the boost up.

Registered
Sure. 408w forged and neutral balanced internals, OEM block, ARP studs throughout, 208cc Canfield Heads, Super Vic intake, 90mm TB, Holley EFI, Coil on Plug, pump gas.... ETC.

Plan is to keep it under 6500rpms and hope for 675hp to the tire. If that gets boring, I'll buy a dart block and turn the boost up.
That should be easy with the F1R, I have a 331 dart block, F1C w/air to air , with Fast XFI 2.0, XIM cop, super vic w/elbow 92mm, TFR ported, turning 7000, should be around 800 to the tires on pump gas. dial in the tuning on the 27th.
Are you using 3" tubing?

Registered
That should be easy with the F1R, I have a 331 dart block, F1C w/air to air , with Fast XFI 2.0, XIM cop, super vic w/elbow 92mm, TFR ported, turning 7000, should be around 800 to the tires on pump gas. dial in the tuning on the 27th.
Are you using 3" tubing?
Yes.

I don't have an aftermarket block though :-(

I'm running the Holley HP system with coil on plug, well technically coil near plug. So I'm hoping for a very precise tune up and to keep it conservative with the timing and only spin it to 6500 rpm. My hydraulic roller is done about there any way so no need in spinning it higher.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts